on kinda of positive note, i just started flying almost 3 months ago and i recently bought my first 3d plane.
i started out with a HZ Super Cub, a couple of bind n fly micros(they are prolly harder to fly than full size planes, they are twitchy and faster but i think they have helped me alot), Then a PK t-28 trojan. just bought a twisted hobbies 3d epp edge 540.
everybody has said that ive advanced quicker than anybody they have seen, alot quicker. i dont have know about that, cause ive just started and have nothing to compare to. im definetly a noob at flying and 3d and have so so much more to learn., but i will tell you what has helped me, so far.
1. get a simulator
2. i have flown almost everyday since ive first picked up a Tx.
3. i have devoted every bit of spare time ivehad to flying and the hobby.
4. ive took baby steps- kinda fast ones tho. by progressing from the 3channel planes to the 4 channels.
5. we have no local clubs where i live, but buddy box'n with my friend for the first couple of flights on each plane helped me alot.
so it can be done rather quickly, but not over night. simulator will help alot. helps hand and eye and orientation when flying towards yourself.
i am really excited about flying 3d, its a whole new game when it comes to flying. so much to learn and try.
oh on the Tx's for 3d id recommend something better than my dx6i. im prolly gonna get Futabas new radio coming out next month. but i wouldnt recommend that as a first radio. thats alot of $$$$$ for a first radio, unless you are rich.
but if you can at least get a computer radio. something u can setup dual rates and expo. that comes in handy when you are learning to fly new and faster planes. helps tame them down some. the radio Tx is prolly gonna be your most important purchase. if you plan on staying with the hobby, just think of it as an investment.
good luck. go fly. have fun. dont pressure yourself to learn to quick
Originally Posted by Baconzxc
Hello Forum. I'm new here and i want to learn 3D flying i have few questions in mind.
1. Which plane best recommended for beginners like me who have very little knowledge and skill about flying.
2. What should i know about 3D flying? Like the basics? I notice there isn't a FAQ on this.
3. What are the basics skills i need to know to repair a faulty plane(if i'm unlucky enough to crash one)
4. Lastly, Do all remote works for every plane? Lets say i want to customize a plane myself. All i have to do is to tune my controller to the right channel? Enlighten me. Thanks in advance