Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
Booky

Friends: (0)
Post Help with Toy Sonics F-22 Raptor Questions

Just bought the 70 mm EDF F-22 from toy sonics. I have to purchase the electronics for it and i am not sure how to choose the right motor for it. i am also not sure about the setup of the electronics. any help would be much appreciated
Old 12-09-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
N42375

Club: Jackson Area Warbirds

Hello Booky, I'll try to help you with your request. There are 3 websites that you can start your search: Hobbyking, Hobbypartz, and Leaderhobby. I have 12 EDF jets ranging from 50mm to 80 mm fans. On your F-22, I would recommend at least a 4 cell 2200mah at a minimum 30c rating, 40 c would be even better. Use a 60 amp ESC, and you'll have no problem. You should expect an amp draw of about 40-43 amps. Look for a brushless motor speced for a 70mm fan. Check your fan's adapter shaft diameter and make sure the motor you chose has the matching diameter, ie 4mm, 3.1mm ect. As a side note, the F-22 is a great flying jet I have 100 flites on mine and it refuses to crash!!!! The plane rolls like a drill bit, so keep the aileron throws to a minimum. Try to plan on at least 250 watts per pound for good performance.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #3
Booky

Thank you N42375, this F-22 has one servo for the ailerons and the vertical stabilizers, which means it is an elevon or delta set up. this would be my first. i assume that one servo connects to the elevator and one to aileron and the set up on my DX6i would be delta. do i assume correctly?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
N42375

Club: Jackson Area Warbirds
Default F-22

Booky, you are correct on how to set up elevons- one servo to the elevator port, the other to the aileron port. However,I'm confused- does your F-22 have retracts, standard ailerons, elevators and Fixed rudders?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets