Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-14-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
NFA Fabrication

Friends: (1)
Default Traxxas DR-1 Heli... What TX Options?

I recently gave my friend back his Blade MCX heli that I borrowed for probably a year. I decided i need my own, and noticed Traxxas offers a "DR-1" Heli now. It is offered both with, and without a transmitter...

There are no details anywhere from what I am able to find on what the transmitter options are for the unit that comes without a transmitter. I have a Spektrum DX8, am I getting my hopes up that there is any possibly way to integrate the 2? They give NO info on this from what I have seen. If it won't work, I will just get the one with the transmitter.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

Searched around a little and found that's a re-badged Hubsan 4ch Mini Invader:

http://www.hubsan.com/products/HELICOPTER/H203.htm

I'd bet money that's not DSM compatible. Well, on 2nd thought, it is made in China... In other words I can't help you with the compatibility issue, but might I ask why you want to go with something like that rather than something like the MCX2? I guess the DR-1 is a little bit larger. If it's the body style, there are other options. The MCX2 can be made to a pod & boom type look with some optional parts. Or you can even get other bodies and looks. For example:

http://www.micro-flight.com/BLADE-MCX.htm

Just a thought.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:17 AM   #3
NFA Fabrication

Friends: (1)

May just buy something else then. Just looking for a basic indoor flyer, a little bigger than the MCX would be nice, and a BNF would be most logical given that I already have a DX8.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis