Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-22-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
p3arljam

Friends: (1)
Default Maiden flight

Well today was the maiden flight of my E-Flight Apprentice. I took my 5 year old son with me and i was a little nervous at first to tell you the truth. I went to a local park with a short cut grass field and we had blue skies with no clouds. I did a long slow takeoff and she climbed on her own. I did notice she was a little tail heavy which made flying a little more interesting than i wanted but i had it under control i probably should have landed right away but i flew for a while and tried turning in different patterns and all went well. The landing was very smooth (beginners luck) came in cut the throttle to about 1/4 and right before the touch down i cut it completely. Thanks to all who gave me advice and to the simulator it was all worth it. Oh and by the way im addicted already.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
hoghead5150

Friends: (2)

the apprentice is a great plane. i'm going to do a taildragger mod to mine this winter and add some big tundra type tires sorta like the Fun Cub.

watch the rubber bands on the wings. they wear out pretty quick. i usually replace mine every month.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #3
p3arljam

Thanks for the tip not sure i would have checked the rubber bands.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
CrimzonRider
Fastest PropHead Crasher

View CrimzonRider's Gallery18
Friends: (14)

Always Great to hear an ol' App 15 maiden success story....good flying to ya

cr
Old 12-22-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
DCDetector

View DCDetector's Gallery25

I still enjoy flying my Apprentices. I have 3 of them. I have gotten rid of the rubber bands and use a piece of twine to strap the wing down.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:07 AM   #6
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

Dont have an Apprentice but I wish I did. Congrats, friend you are now a victim of the RC flying addiction, or as I like to call it Crack for Adults. Next step find a local support group. The nice part of this addiction is your son can got down the same path and now you gotta an excuse every Christmas to get new plane and Birthdays ohhh theirs yours and his endless possibilities LOL
Congratulations again and most of all have a blast

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners