Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #1
Flysfloats

Friends: (0)
Default Baja, Mexico

I was wondering if anybody had any experience having r/c parts shipped to Mexico, in particular, Baja?

I am spend the winters down here and usually I can find somebody that is traveling from the USA to my area that is willing to carry some small stuff. This year I am not having much success in finding a kind soul.

So, I was contemplating a small and inexpensive order as a test case, maybe from the USA warehouse of Hobby King. Would see if the order makes it down here and how long it would take.

We have mail forwarded from the US to a post office in the area and that takes about 2 weeks. Really haven't had other stuff sent, like packages.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, FF
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
road king 97
old hat

Club: joliet rc club rt 66
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by Flysfloats View Post
I was wondering if anybody had any experience having r/c parts shipped to Mexico, in particular, Baja?

I am spend the winters down here and usually I can find somebody that is traveling from the USA to my area that is willing to carry some small stuff. This year I am not having much success in finding a kind soul.

So, I was contemplating a small and inexpensive order as a test case, maybe from the USA warehouse of Hobby King. Would see if the order makes it down here and how long it would take.

We have mail forwarded from the US to a post office in the area and that takes about 2 weeks. Really haven't had other stuff sent, like packages.

Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks, FF
Latly they dont even want to run the baja race down there with the way some locals behave themselfs but iam sure someone drives there in the winter . good luck . joe
Old 12-29-2012, 12:25 AM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,181 Times in 2,088 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (314)

As a test, have HK ship to your Baja post office, make it a small order Just incase Hope that works for you, Take care, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 12-29-2012, 12:31 AM   #4
Flysfloats

I think you are right, don't order more than I can afford to not show up! Will be interesting to see. For example, we have had first class mail packaged up once per week and sent to either British Columbia in the summer and to Baja for the winter for a number of years. You will be surprised that it takes virtually the same amount of time for our "package of mail" to either destination, about 2 weeks. In CA, it is the customs delay that stops things in their tracks. TBC FF
Old 12-29-2012, 12:36 AM   #5
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,181 Times in 2,088 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (314)

Yea, Customs can be a PITA sometimes I have had items hung up for over a week when shipped in from China, Oh Well Take care and have fun, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 02-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #6
Flysfloats

An update, I ordered about $23 worth of stuff from Hobby King and it was shipped out of Hong Kong to my Post Office box here in southern Baja.

From the day the order was paid for until it arrived at my Mexican Post Office was box was 31 days!!! I considered this a near miracle. The small box had not been opened and everything was included.

The opposite side of the coin is that our "normal" mail that is shipped from a mail service in Nevada on every Tuesday has been taking over a month to arrive down here. No idea why, but it is not what we have experienced over the past couple of winters. Will have to have the mail service start holding our mail until our return to the USA the first of April.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions