Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-14-2013, 03:02 PM   #1
ripzeus

Friends: (0)
Default Brand new Blade 120 SR, Massive TBE!

Evening guys,

First I want to say hello to all the Blade 120 SR pilots out here. I'm new and just coming off the MCX2 (which is awesome), and learning how to fly the 120 SR, thatís if I could.

Also bought the DX5e and soon to be the DX6i when payday comes around.

For the past week I have been having these issues with 120SR doing the "TBE", and I have yet to come across anyway to fix it.

I've rebuilt the entire shaft with new parts 3 times, changed out 3 different blades, loosened the main head, tightened it, replaced the blade grips, feathering shaft and washers are new, even changed out all the screws with new ones, and even watched a youtube video on a "how to" on the assembly of the rotor shaft.

I hold the 120SR (so I don't have to take off on the ground) and when I let go it immediately starts the "TBE", and goes into a crash from there. Even when I take off from the ground be in doors or outside, it immediately goes into TBE and is completely uncontrollable.

I am at a loss here, and have already spent close to $100 dollars on trying to get this bird flying.

Also when I was at the LHS today, and explained my problem, they asked if I have an older model, I'm not sure if I do or not.

Either way, looking for some ideas, tips, tricks, help, you name it.

Thank you.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:18 AM   #2
RC_Flyer

Friends: (0)

If you still check this post now and then, there's a couple of things that would help me.
1. Is your 120 actually having TBE - does it spin like you're holding on to the blades and throttle up? (The first thing to determine is if the heli is spinning, like getting a rudder input – this is not TBE.
2. is it flying in a small circle like a car turned all the way one direction going in a circle - that is TBE
If it is spinning like question 1, you may have a mixing, trim, or binding rotor shaft issue.
If you still check in once in a while, let me know what it's doing and see if I can help some.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters