Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #1
Doclove524

Friends: (0)
Default Question about the Turnigy 9ch TX

Hey Folks,
I am trying to find someone with experience with this Turnigy 9ch TX. I have one and love it. It has been great for me for seveal planes curently being flown. I really want to increase the tension on the throttle stick. I see in the manuel that you can increase the tension of the springs to get the "feel" you what in the other controls but nothing for he throttle stick. I would like for there to be more pressure required to move the throttle. I fly 3D with this controler and I find that the throttle is way to "sensitive" when trying to hover and move the rudder around without adjusting the throttle. Just need to increase the tension on the throttle stick to make it harder to move. Anyone know if this is adjustable on this TX. I have a few other TX's and they seem to have more of a "notchy" feel to them and you can bend the spring to put more pressure on the throttles "notched wheel" to make it a more positive lock on the stick position. This one does not have a notched feel to it at all it is totally smooth... hoping that there is some adjustment... Anyone know??

Thaks for any help out there guys!!
Old 01-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #2
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)

Check here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 01-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
nidly

Titen the screw that holds the spring as a drag.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 PM   #4
hoghead5150

Friends: (2)

the turnigy does not come with the ratchet style throttle. you could probably modify one of the straps from a spektrum or something to work tho.

other than that, take the back off the transmitter and adjust the spring tension with the screw just like you would do any other radio.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
Panther

Because of the design , there is little you can do about it. I tried to tension mine but the metal strip they use is just too flimsy. Mine is as tight as it can be and it made little difference so I just put up with it. There are those that remove the strip and put a tiny nail dent in it to engage the ratchet on the gimbal but this could lead to a wear groove after a time and you would be back to square one. I even pulled some old TXs apart thinking I may be able to use the tensioners from them but they are nothing like it. This is the only gripe I have with the TX.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

My niggle is the amount of max friction / tension you can make is not enough for me. I fly Mode 2 and with that I was used to stiff sticks to avoid cross stick movement in manouevres ... when I used my old 1980's JR.

But other than that ....... excellent radio that does all I want.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 01-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #7
Doclove524

Thanks for all the replys guys!!
I ended up just taking the back off the unit and finding and tightening the "strap" type clamp accross the throttle "wheel" and it made little to no difference. I was thinking maybe a small strip of some really dense rubber sanswiched between the strap and wheel may work?? We'll seeI suppose if I can ever come accross some rubber of the right density!!

Thanks again!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions