Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #1
Heyjohn

Friends: (1)
Thumbs up Flying Inverted

im getting a heli and its my first 3d.how do you do upside down flying!!!!!!any videos

plz help
Old 01-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
hangingon

Club: no clubs
Friends: (4)
Default 3D flight

Heyjohn have you been flying helis?
Old 01-26-2013, 09:51 PM   #3
Heyjohn

Default yes

yes but i have only flown a 4 channel heli last time.
Old 01-26-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
Heyjohn

awesome
Old 01-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #5
Turner
Super Contributor

Friends: (3)

To fly inverted you have to flip 180˚ with pitch or roll and then you must go from positive to negative collective pitch to maintain altitude. Best learned on a simulator because you will definitely crash many times before you have even the beginnings of success.
Old 01-27-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery3
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (39)

Split these posts off of the welcome to WF thread... BTW, welcome heyjohn!!

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don
Old 01-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #7
hangingon

Default Inverted flying tip

Get a good sims. I've not got past the hover stage with my Mini Titan I had been flying 4ch helis & using a sims for a year before going to a 6ch heli. You may catch on quick I would just get the heli and and fly it as you would a 4ch first. If the 4ch you have flawn is a counter rotater and not a single rotor fixed pitch heli it's a whole new world to jump into 3d flying. Setup is another thing you need to learn and a pitch gauge will be needed as well. I have a honey bee FP & cx2 the Mini Titan is way quicker in every way and the crash cost is not cheap. A sims will save you money, have a friend buddy box if you know someone that can fly a 6ch and is welling too help. If I had it to do over or just the money to spend I would get something like a blade SR120 and then go back to my Mini Titan. Once you get off the ground and are stable in the air your going to flip the switch to 3d mode Once in 3d mode or throttle hold is on your throttle stick is going to suppy throttle in either direction from center stick to the motor from center stick up will work as normal below center stick is going to supply power to the motor also so if the heli is in a normal hover blades up skids down and you go below center stick on the radio the heli will come down as fast as it went up. The helis flight direction will change from the center up on the throttle stick the heli is going to go in the direction of the blades below center the heli is going to go in the direction of the skids. To land the heli your going to have the heli in the normal flight postion and switch back to normal mode on the radio and then throttle down as you do with a 4ch heli but if your in 3d mode and throttle down your going to slam it into the ground.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
Heyjohn

Default Thx

Thx uhmmm im getting a devo 7 with it and when you fly inverted do you have to like click on a switch because if you throttle down normally the heli will just turn offf....
Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #9
Turner
Super Contributor

To fly inverted your Tx must have a flight mode switch with at least two positions - normal and stunt mode or idle up. In stunt mode throttle and pitch curves below mid stick mirror those above mid stick which allows inverted hovering.
Old 01-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #10
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Another way is to stand on your head and just fly normal. LOL
Old 01-27-2013, 04:45 PM   #11
Heyjohn

Default Thx

But do you know witch switch that is on a devo 7?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
Heyjohn

Originally Posted by Turner View Post
To fly inverted your Tx must have a flight mode switch with at least two positions - normal and stunt mode or idle up. In stunt mode throttle and pitch curves below mid stick mirror those above mid stick which allows inverted hovering.
Do you know what switch it is on devo7?
Old 01-27-2013, 05:06 PM   #13
Turner
Super Contributor

No, I'm not familiar with the Devo 7.

Here is a link to the Devo 7 manual.

http://www.moses-modellbau.de/mediaf...f%20DEVO-7.pdf

Looks like it has a three position flight mode switch on top right for normal and two different stunt or idle up modes. Manual looks very thorough. Lots to learn and a rather steep learning curve when going to CP heli. Don't rush it. Take the time to read as much as you can. read the whole manual.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
Heyjohn

Default Thank you

Originally Posted by Turner View Post
No, I'm not familiar with the Devo 7.

Here is a link to the Devo 7 manual.

http://www.moses-modellbau.de/mediaf...f%20DEVO-7.pdf

Looks like it has a three position flight mode switch on top right for normal and two different stunt or idle up modes. Manual looks very thorough. Lots to learn and a rather steep learning curve when going to CP heli. Don't rush it. Take the time to read as much as you can. read the whole manual.
Thx so much
Old 01-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #15
Turner
Super Contributor

You are welcome. Learning much of this myself right now. Been hovering a Blade SR off and on for a year or so. Not happy with the motorized tail. Just starting to build T-Rex 450.

Check out these sites:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/index.html
http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=41692
http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60
Old 01-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #16
hangingon

As Turner said take your time. What heli are you getting? I was told to stay away from the helis that use the tail motors from a LHS the man said thats the weak link of the heli. But on the other hand I have seen lots of people flying the smaller helis with tail motors and they seem to do good. On the blade 400, 450, T-rex, Thunder Tiger and many others the tail rotor works off the main motor by either a belt or shaft and they do work better. The honey bee I have has a tail motor & it is not as stable as the mini titan it was easier for me to get the mini titan off the ground but as well the honey bee is not a high quality heli either. Do you have a flying sims for your computer?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #17
Heyjohn

I dont have any sims do you no a free one?

And also im. Getting a 450 size walkera v450d03
Old 01-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #18
hangingon

A free 1 is fms but in order to get a somewhat feel for flying your better off getting an rc style controller. You can order 1 for around 20 dollars which may come with a FMS disc. You can download FMS now for free and use a game controller if you have 1 that plugs into you computer or you can use your keyboard. It will help using FMS but not as much as realflight or phoenix But they cost too much for me. My sims controller is E-sky I got it from nitroplanes 19.00 dollars and it plugs into a usb port check the web there are plenty of these cheap controllers. Your radio your getting may be able to be used as a sims controller my spektrum is but I like the usb controller you don't need batteries. Clearview is better than FMS but it cost around 40.00 dollars and you can download it from the internet. FMS and Clearview have a lot of extra planes & helis & flying sites you can download for free. On these sims you want have a toggle switch to flip into 3d mode but you can do 3d flying clearview you use a key on your keyboard to switch from normal to 3d. It loads ready to fly 3d. you tube has videos of the 4 sims you can watch. It can cost you more than 40 bucks in 1 crash to fix your heli.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #19
hangingon

FMS is free do a search FMS sims and you can download it for free and there are a lot of planes & helis & flying sites you can download free. Clearview is better than FMS but cost 40.00 dollars. I think it's nitroplanes you can get a rc style controller that plugs into a usb port other wise you will have to use your keyboard and that don't help to much for training you may still have fun flying with the keyboard till you can get a controller. The controller that comes with your heli may be able to be used with FMS or Clearview you would need to buy a cord to plug it in and it uses your batteries a cheap rc style controller is powered by the usb port. You can watch videos on youtube of FMS, Clearview & the 2 best sims as well realflight & phoenix but their in the 200.00 dollar price range.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 PM   #20
hangingon

I didn't see that my first reply posted. heli sims rc is another free download it has a t-rex heli
Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 AM   #21
Heyjohn

Hi i got another question, im getting the walkera v450d03 and it takes a 11.1v 2200mah battery. But i was wondering can you put a less powerful battery like a 7v and get less flying time?
Thanks
Sincerly ~Seena
Old 01-30-2013, 04:54 AM   #22
Turner
Super Contributor

Lower voltage will greatly lower performance but flight time is more related to battery capacity.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:27 AM   #23
hangingon

Default battery

When you get into a 450 size heli 11.1 2200 3cell is pretty much standard with at least a 25c rating. I would check Hobby King and see what a 11.1 2200 mah 3cell zippy battery would cost you and make sure to check the c rating of the battery. The higher the c rating the better.
Old 02-01-2013, 02:36 AM   #24
Heyjohn

Hey,im getting a walkera heli with the devo 7 if i buy another walkera heli,will the devo 7 that i first got connect to the new heli?
Old 02-03-2013, 01:22 AM   #25
hangingon

You can bind up to 15 different models to the devo 7. You don't even have to buy the Walkera brand heli any heli or plane you want to fly up to 7 channels will work. What you will need is a receiver that is 2.4Ghz (Dsss) that will bind to your transmitter for each model you want to fly. If Walkera has bind & fly models with the Walkera 2.4Ghz (Dsss) receiver included it will work. If what you want to buy does not include a receiver you will need to buy a new receiver for that model that binds to your devo 7. Example you could buy a T-rex heli and install the walkera 2.4Ghs Dsss receiver and fly it with your devo 7 or the same if you wanted to fly a plane.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk