Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #1
foamcruncher
foamcruncher

Friends: (0)
Default Turnigy 9x rudder reverse problem

Turnigy 9x v2 programing difficulty with rudder reversing function > . setting 2nd plane on same tx , rudder is op reverse from stick , tried to reverse on menu reverse function , no help , will not reverse , changed throttle and elevator to reverse , they worked fine , but rudder will not respond to the reverse position set in , any help is greatly appreciated ! flying skills not bad , but radio skills still a might slow . Thanks again for you skilled input to this matter > Foamcruncher
Old 02-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
Panther

Friends: (1)

1. Can it be changed when you go back and select the other plane? 2. Sure you are saving it properly after you change it? 3. It might be worth creating another model file instead. 4. Got a servo reverser? They can save a lot of hassle and they are only $2.
Old 02-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #3
foamcruncher
foamcruncher

Thumbs up thanks for the suggestions ,

Tried several times to redo id of 2nd plane , no difference with reverse situation , checked operation of first config of first plane , no problems with it , if I revesre servo in menue ,it does not change direction of rudder servo in 2nd ship, can't seem to find the weak link except the operator? Will try the resolder servo idea next , again , thanks for the help . foamcruncher
Old 02-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
pmullen503

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (3)

The stock firmware on the 9x is known to have a few bugs but I've never heard of this particular one.

You can reflash the software with truly fantastic open source software but you'll have to solder in a cheap programmer or buy a Smartieparts board that just screws in.

It's never too late to have a happy childhood.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:01 AM   #5
nidly

Do I understand this properly that the rudder channel (4) can't be reversed direction?

I've had to reverse probably half of my planes and is always the same simple way in the reverse menu.

Plane on bench move rudder stick (while in reverse menu) and then change the direction and the display. Action is now reversed. If I'm not missing something here then your TX is faulty.

You can also try this without a plane by looking at the display menu after the direction change.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
foamcruncher
foamcruncher

Thumbs up AHHA!!Seems to be an operator error !!

Seems to be a situation of TSTO { too stupid to operate}. did not grasp the process of making proper set up. Now , after a slight learning curve for a cassette mentality in the MP3 world ,able to navigate set up much better , everything working perfectly now.. Again ,sorry for the obvious noob faus paux,and thanks for all the help > .It is great to have a place to go for help while getting back to R/C after many years of inactivity> Thanks Again. foamcruncher
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Panther

LOL I was just going to go through the edit process for you but pleased to see you are all sorted out now.
Wait till you get an Eagletree Guardian Gyro and need to set your TX up for that! I kept confusing myself but got it all sorted now.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
nidly

I'm confused every time I try something new with the stock firmware. It always brings up two more questions than get answered.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:29 AM   #9
LowThudd

Originally Posted by nidly View Post
I'm confused every time I try something new with the stock firmware. It always brings up two more questions than get answered.
The Smartieparts board is a real easy install, and the Open9x firmware, to me, makes it much more simple to program. Although I have not set it up for my 450 yet, the settings are far more linear. well worth the $45 to upgrade, or solder in a USBasp.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:51 AM   #10
phildoubleday

Default Re: Turnigy 9x rudder reverse problem

+1 on re-flashing to ER9X. I didn't flash mine for the first 6 months I had it and always had programming issues. But ER9X is simply awesome. You won't regret it, and you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner
Old 02-14-2013, 11:16 PM   #11
Panther

I'm told Open9x has more options and is the preferred upgrade now. That is the way I will go eventually.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
LowThudd

You can install both on your computer and run transmitter simulators. This will allow you to try both on computer without modifying the TX. Then you can save your sims and flash them to the Tx once you get a programmer.
Old 02-15-2013, 04:48 AM   #13
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by nidly View Post
Do I understand this properly that the rudder channel (4) can't be reversed direction?

I've had to reverse probably half of my planes and is always the same simple way in the reverse menu.

Plane on bench move rudder stick (while in reverse menu) and then change the direction and the display. Action is now reversed. If I'm not missing something here then your TX is faulty.

You can also try this without a plane by looking at the display menu after the direction change.
No need to hold rudder stick over when fliiping reverse ... just press the + or - button to do it ...

BUT saving is the usual culprit that fails - some items require a LONG press of MENU button - others a short press ... Modeel name is one of the real issues that gets most people !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 02-15-2013, 04:50 AM   #14
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by foamcruncher View Post
Seems to be a situation of TSTO { too stupid to operate}. did not grasp the process of making proper set up. Now , after a slight learning curve for a cassette mentality in the MP3 world ,able to navigate set up much better , everything working perfectly now.. Again ,sorry for the obvious noob faus paux,and thanks for all the help > .It is great to have a place to go for help while getting back to R/C after many years of inactivity> Thanks Again. foamcruncher
Now join the Yahoo Group for more help from fellow users !!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 02-15-2013, 11:23 AM   #15
Panther

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
... Modeel name is one of the real issues that gets most people !!

Nigel
Not wrong Nigel!! Man, how many times did I have to enter Sukhoi. I got so cranky I was going to put SUKHOL.
Even then I had trouble. 2 days later I got it......
I dread the next entry...
Old 02-15-2013, 02:49 PM   #16
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Not wrong Nigel!! Man, how many times did I have to enter Sukhoi. I got so cranky I was going to put SUKHOL.
Even then I had trouble. 2 days later I got it......
I dread the next entry...
The trick there is to remember that LONG PRESS to enter the letter .......... SHORT PRESS to save the name !!

Don't worry - after near 3yrs with the 9x - I still crap out of model naming sometimes !! by short press when I should long press !

Nigel

Old 02-16-2013, 12:01 AM   #17
Panther

LOL but what I couldn't figure, sometimes I would double check it was OK to save then find it only saved the first 2 or 3 letters.. ??? Suknigy.
Anyway, I got it in the end, whatever I did...

Might go and create a new name in a spare spot and practice..
Old 02-17-2013, 07:25 PM   #18
LowThudd

I finally got around to using the Template Wizard in companion9x. OMG was that easy! I highly recomend Open9x. It took me two days of reading and trial and error to get a heli and a cub working through the 9x. But it took all of five minutes with the wizard to get two planes and a heli done, and working better than it did through the controller.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #19
Panther

Template Wizard? You've lost me there.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:45 AM   #20
LowThudd

Companion9x is what is used to program the EEPROM in the 9x with Open9x firmware. Built into companion9x there are several templates, but also a Wizard that helps you program a new setting for a plane/heli that can then be transfered to the 9x.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:50 AM   #21
LowThudd

Screenshot
Old 02-18-2013, 12:57 PM   #22
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I admit that I am not one who rushed out to reflash my 9x ... stock has worked for me fine ...

But seeing the Template Companion9x has got my attention. This I will look into further ... please guys don't 'badger me' with it - I'm one who likes to research / evaluate ...

Interesting.

Nigel

Old 02-18-2013, 01:08 PM   #23
LowThudd

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I admit that I am not one who rushed out to reflash my 9x ... stock has worked for me fine ...

But seeing the Template Companion9x has got my attention. This I will look into further ... please guys don't 'badger me' with it - I'm one who likes to research / evaluate ...

Interesting.

Nigel
Just download Companion9x and try it out. Once you get a feel for it you can decide if you want to reflash. You don't need to mod the 9x just to try out companion. http://code.google.com/p/companion9x/downloads/list
Old 02-19-2013, 01:07 AM   #24
Panther

Might try that myself, Thanks for that. First I had heard of it.

Edit. Did that. Fascinating. I will look further into the mod when I get over the shock of my new bore pump, new washing machine, rates and phone bill that all happened at once. grrrr
Old 02-19-2013, 01:14 AM   #25
LowThudd

Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Might try that myself, Thanks for that. First I had heard of it.
Actually, second time. lol Maybe I wasn't clear enough the first time.

Originally Posted by LowThudd View Post
You can install both on your computer and run transmitter simulators. This will allow you to try both on computer without modifying the TX. Then you can save your sims and flash them to the Tx once you get a programmer.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros