Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
chestnutree

Friends: (0)
Default Dynam RC & Receiver binding issues

Hi everyone,

I'm a complete newby here. I have my very first RC plane which i tried to put together a year ago, gave up and now here i am for another attempt.

I have a Dynam Extra 330. It comes with a Dynam 7 channel receiver and a Dynam 4ch 2.4Ghz RC. I cannot for the life of me seem to sync (bind) the RC to the receiver. I have followed the instructions that came with it.... these are translated badly and look complicated. I've also followed videos on youtube which look simple but still no luck.

The safety switch on the RC is down, the throttle is down. I turn on the RC and then quickly plug the battery into the plane. The red LED inside the receiver flashes and i get some beeps. Straight away the plane sounds 2 beeps every second. On the videos i have watched, the planes first produce 3 ascending beeps but mine doesn't. It does 2 quick beeps every second or 2 and the red LED inside the receiver flashes away. The RC eventually stops flashing but the plane continues and nothing happens.

The only other thing that does happen, is sometimes the servos move. If i plug in the battery to the receiver/plane WITHOUT turning on the RC/Transmitter.... the servos never move. When i follow the correct process for binding, the servos often move which suggests that some sort of communication is going on between the 2? But the beeping doesnt stop, the light on the receiver doesn't stop and none of the controls work.

Please any suggestions would be greatly received

Thanks,

Nick
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
flydiver
Super Contributor

View flydiver's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (10)

The bad news is.....you can't get it flying.
The good news is.....the same.

I have that plane, but not the electronics. I replaced them all. The originals were not worth keeping.
That said as a new flier you don't have a prayer of keeping that plane in one piece. It's a decent flying plane, but it's a fast advanced performer. If you are quite talented and spend a goodly amount of time with a more suitable trainer this 'might' be a decent 2nd plane. It's probably better as a 3rd plane.
If you do get this one going and give it a try all you'll get for your efforts is foam rubble and discouragement.

Be glad you haven't got it going yet. Get a Champ, Super Cub, Bixler, even the Dynam Hawksky, etc. and learn flying basics first. Choose a plane with a BIG thread and a LOT of support, AND parts. Notice there is just about nothing on this plane at all. That alone tells you something about popularity.
Down the road consider the Dynam....maybe.

fly
If you're going to learn to fly them, you have to learn to fix them.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 PM   #3
sid809

To fly RC plane you need much practice other wise same thing happens and you will crush you RC plane. First you have to buy some small RC plane and have practice on it then go for the new one..
Old 03-14-2013, 12:51 PM   #4
DCDetector

View DCDetector's Gallery25
Friends: (1)

On several of my Dynam's I had to not only make sure the throttle stick was all the way down, but that the trim was also all the way down before it would bind.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:36 PM   #5
fhhuber
Super Contributor

I've only got the 5 ch that comes with the 1200 mm 5 ch P-51

I'm finding that the Dynam 2.4 ghz has to rebind EVERY time you turn on.

Power up the plane. RX blinks rapidly (TX on or off) There is no bind plug. There is no bind button on the TX.

So you have to power up the RX, wait a few seconds.
Then power up the TX and wait for it to go through bind.

Every flight.

Its not a good binding system.

note the beep codes are from the ESC and have nothing to do with binding.

the beep codes described are for the ESC NOT detecting low throttle on power-up. (rebind with low throttle)
Old 03-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #6
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (2)

chestnutree....

I had a simular issue awhile back with a (Dynam 4ch TX/6ch RX) for a J3 Piper Cub....I believe it's the same TX/RX combo you have.

I found this at the rcdiscuss forum........it worked for me and I still have the TX/RX.......use it occasionally on a Slow Stick.....Have had no binding issues since.

(I would not recommend using it on anything you really value....the older Dynam 2.4ghz TX/RX combo's have a history of range and signal swapping issues. The ones that had the seperate manual binding switch on the TX face are more reliable).

Problem from the forum:

"I have a Dynam 4 channel 2.4 ghz transmitter. I am going to have to read the directions unless someone can give me the answer before I have to give in and read! LOL Anyway I bind it by turning on the TX and then turning on the RX and it beeps and pauses then beeps 3 times and then maybe beeps once more I don't remember now but when I get it to bind it operated all the servos but the only time I ever get the motor to run it runs full throttle and I can't slow it down. I have tried the motor kill switch in both positions on bind, I have put throttle on full on bind, just a lot of different things but I am missing something I guess on binding. I have 2 receivers and I have both receivers and both do the same. Does anyone on here know what I am missing?"

Solution from the forum:

"A. Put your throttle switch in the bank of reverse/normal switches in the up or off position as Dynam labels them
B. Put Throttle kill switch in down position.
C. Put Throttle to high.
D. Turn on TX and while TX bind lights are flashing plug in ESC.
E. You will her 3 note musical tone and then 3 short beeps and one long (if you are a ham radio operator and know code it is a V).
F. Next put throttle stick and it’s lowest point.
G. Flip the throttle kill switch up and then back down.
H. At that time the throttle maximum and minimum set points will be set in the ESC."

Hope this works for you!

AMA 928214
Old 06-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #7
rajeshbhanushali123
Rajesh

Hello every one,
I have Simulator cable comes with Fly Sky 6-ch radio.
but now i have Dynam 6-ch radio
http://www.dynam-rc.com/products/tra...r/2.4G-6ch.htm
These both are compatible?.
if yes i am not able to use radio as simulator on FMS even my pc is not detecting radio.
can anybody help me out
Old 06-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
fhhuber
Super Contributor

I believe the plugs fit but the pin-out is not the same.

I don't have a FlySky TX to check, but only 2 pins are used from the Dynam TX's simulator port (can't be used for buddy box...)

Also note that the Dunam transmitter must be turned on for it to work with the simulator. (Same as JR, Spektrum and some others) The computer does not power the stick encoder.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:48 AM   #9
rajeshbhanushali123
Rajesh

Hi fhhuber,
So which one i should use
i do have three options
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ompatible.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...roFly_FMS.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ight_G4_5.html
which one i should select??

one more thing if i have to calibrate controls then which chord i must select.
u do have any option
Old 06-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
fhhuber
Super Contributor

I don't have or know anyone who has a FlySky... So I can't be 100% sure of the connector used on the TX or its pin-out.

The first link you have would be the same plug used with JR/Spektrum and a couple of others. Probably compatible with any that the plug fits the TX's buddy box port.

Second has every buddy box port connector I have seen so far except the VERY early (late 1970's and early 1980's) Futaba AM connector.

Third has the same assortment of connectors.

If you are using FMS and the package looks like it has the adapter to fit your TX I would go with the "USB Simulator Cable XTR/AeroFly/FMS" (your second link)
Old 06-19-2013, 09:21 AM   #11
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Wow! Talk about diggin' up some bones! Check the dates on the early posts and how it got brought back...
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
rajeshbhanushali123
Rajesh

Actually the fly sky connector is gets fitted with trainer port of my Dynam Tx.
This connector is having USB dongle like thing on other side.
I dont know why it is not getting detected by my com.
i tried by ppjoy but still it is giving prob.I think there is driver issue.
How u are connecting your Tx to pc & use as simulator.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:59 AM   #13
fhhuber
Super Contributor

I use RealFlight with dedicated controller that came with the software.

I have helped a couple of people set up the Dynam radios with FMS and had no issues. (Dynam cable)

Another thing to check is if the USB port you are attempting to use is active. Plug a different (known to work) USB device in the port and test. The issue might be in the computer.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #14
rajeshbhanushali123
Rajesh

hey can u share how u set up dynam radio with FMS
Old 06-19-2013, 01:38 PM   #15
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (2)

See thread #6 above..........

AMA 928214

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros