Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 AM   #1
helikat

Friends: (0)
Thumbs up PAU Mini Yak

I ordered a PAU Mini Yak Aero Master 3 days ago and on the way. This plane is an awesome quality built covered balsa electric Yak 54 rated for 400-480 outrunners. I'm actually surprised there is no mention of this model whatsoever at this forum.. This plane is the hottest deal on the net for what you get. The plane is a 40" wingspan and flys like a giant scale gas 3d plane. This plane is selling for $49.99 with free shipping. The plane's normal selling price is $109.00. Pau's main selection of planes are highly revered competition level giant scale 3d gassers. I'm hoping to start this thread so other members here can join in on this awesome plane. Here is a link to PAU.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:12 AM   #2
helikat

Default PAU website

I meant to leave you guys a link to PAU (Performance Aircraft Unlimited). This company was formerly know as BME. http://performancercaircraft.com/sho...products_id=34

Here is a video at youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=OIh_xRzbBBk
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 AM   #3
helikat

Arrow Image of the PAU Mini Yak

Here is an image of the PAU Mini YAK.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BME mini yak 22 3-24-06.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	166577  
Old 02-26-2013, 06:45 AM   #4
hoghead5150

Friends: (2)

not a very impressive video. never really heard of the plane, and i really didn't see anything that i would call "3d" in that video. looked mainly like a sport aerobatic and a jumpy/twitchy one at that.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #5
helikat

you are right hoghead. The pilot in this video is not a very good pilot. Mine has not arrived yet and can't give my personal opinion yet. If you go to the pau website there is a vid there in wmv format where the pilot is doing nice knife edges, rolls, flat spins etc. I have poured over a lot of post at Flying Giants on this model. It seems that really small adjustments such as the CG along with other tweaks make a huge difference in how this plane flys. The other important factor in making this plane perform all out 3D is to install up to a 480 motor and using around a 3s 1350 mah lipo keeping the weight down. Mine will be arriving this coming Monday. My budget is limited right now because I'm saving money right now for a Mintor gas engine for my Hanger 9 Funtana x100 and a friend of mine is helping me with a Rimfire 400 speed control and Hitec servos. The 400 is going to make it fly like a sport plane. Later on I'm going to install a Scorpion or a Hacker with a matching speed control which will make this plane ballistic. I've also read that using a gear box setup for this plane is another way to make this plane ballistic. The only complaints I've read on this plane is the landing gear needs to be reinforced and the canopy tends to fly off in flight which is an easy fix. Pilots that own this one love it.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying

Tags
3d , electic , mini , pau , yak