Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-10-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
MarkK

Friends: (0)
Default Kronos Flyer Multicopter - New Build

I got my Kronos flyer in the air today with pretty good results. Here are the build facts:
Kronos flyer with motor extensions, Futaba 8 FG Tx and Rx, Ardupilot APM 2.9.1 w/Blox GPS

Michael at Kronos Robotics designed the frame and sells the frame pieces at his web site: http://www.kronosrobotics.com/multir...er/index.shtml

I flew for about 25 minutes total and found controls to be overly sensitive so I'll start experimenting with the tuning process tomorrow. It required way too much forward pitch and right roll trim. My quick preflight balance job was flawed so I balanced it well tonight and will see how it goes.

The flyer itself was great, it is stock with the exception of a quickly built isolation platform using Sorbothane isolator grommets. Isolation performance was okay but I still need to work on it. All in all I'm happy with my start as a rank beginner...

Motor extensions worked great, about the only thing I'll change is to add legs in lieu of the landing gear. Once it gets tuned up I'll add one of the newer Kronos platforms.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P3090080(1).jpg
Views:	63
Size:	153.1 KB
ID:	167008   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3090093.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	167009  

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors