Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-13-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
foamcruncher
foamcruncher

Friends: (0)
Default charging 1500 mah Life battery with iMax B6AC?

,Recently upgraded 8 AA tx battery pack with HK 1500 mah Life battery replacement . Trying to charge with imax B6AC dual powr.charger / balancer ,heeding warnings of mischarging ,I am confused to process to charge this Life . instruction manual not clear to me what rate / voltage / setting to charge with, charger is compatable acording to instructions , but what is proper safe charge procedure? your expertise can save a possible "smoke test" ,, Thank you for your always great help and advice > Foamchuncher
Old 06-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I was looking at LIFE for a Glow model for Rx ... and Hobby King page for the pack gave details of settings changes for B6 charger ... as the Accucel 6 charger is basically same charger.

Here's a guy who answered on the Discussion part of a LiFePo4 page :

"
go to the program mode and pres enter it will now show voltage for lipo (3.7 ) press enter and it will start flashing, now press up or down to change voltage to (3.3v) press enter again now press end/stop now select battery type ( lipo /life ) and now set charge rate and cell count conferm and charge
"
I still haven't changed over from NiMH to LIFE but considering. TBH - my NiMh at 2300mAh provide more than a days heavy use flying on my 60 powered 4kg biplane ! With NO voltage drop-outs or problems despite the 4 standard servos and 1 micro ...

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 06-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #3
flydiver
Super Contributor

View flydiver's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (10)

The procedure above is how to get at LiFe charge voltage setting. Finding that menu change is one of the more obscure changes for those chargers.
For rate 1C is certainly safe. I use 3C on mine without problem so far.

fly
If you're going to learn to fly them, you have to learn to fix them.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:30 PM   #4
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Originally Posted by flydiver View Post
The procedure above is how to get at LiFe charge voltage setting. Finding that menu change is one of the more obscure changes for those chargers.
For rate 1C is certainly safe. I use 3C on mine without problem so far.
Without that first step as I posted ... OP is on wrong road ...

Once as I posted is done - then set the cell and amp rating to charge ...

One of the worries I have and is making me delay taking on LiFe packs - is this setting of end voltages and possibility of forgetting. I look for a dedicated LiFe charger ... that way as with other type of packs - safety is higher.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers