Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Mysterious

Friends: (6)
Default 3-D foamy plane; next to no building?

A couple years ago I bought some EPP foamy kits I believe they are and I built one that was a 40 inch edge flat out. I like the plane itself and flying it was pretty good but I find the foam is just a bit too flimsy. It's not Overly thick and I find the on bang on the ground or bang when handling it feels like it's going to break something or has broken something. And I've come to the determination that I don't really like building. I'd like to have something that is very minimal put together and if I break it so be it I'll fix it at that point.

My friend suggested to get one of the twisted hobbies foamy planes because that phone is more durable and flexible than the one in the kit that I have which is a bit more rigid and tends to break. I really like the planes but they look like they just as much effort to build. Are there any similar type foamies out there that are durable yet don't require a lot of building?

I have seriously been thinking about buying the parkzone extra 300 but I'm a little worried about the flying characteristics of it. I know it's not a true 3-D plane but it looks like it could do some decent acrobatics for what I probably want to be doing. Though there've been a few comments that it does not slow fly very well.

I bought a parkzone visionaire but have not put it together yet. I wanted something to beat up a little bit before I put that one in the air

Are there any options out there I'm not thinking of why am I pretty much stuck with building a foamy going to something like the parkzone extra 300 that isn't quite as 3-D capable yet requires less building?

Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
Aaeolien

Friends: (0)

Twisted hobbies planes are kits and you do need to put them together. They however go together very fast. Longest part of assembly is waiting enough for the glue to dry so you can move on to the next step. They really are very easy. I have 2 of them the crack Pitts and the crack slick and they have taught me a ton since I bought them. They have been beaten and broken and parts just torn right off them. And with a bit of glue hey are back up and flying in no time. They are both a little heavier than when I first put them together but both still fly extremely well.

I love the TH planes and I'm not sure you could ever truly destroy one. Lol.

Chris

Admitted Crack Pitts Addict
Old 05-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #3
Mysterious

Friends: (6)

I decided against another foamy and order the Parkzone Extra 300 & E-flite's Inverza Should be fun to try, not true 3Ders but enough for my skill/wants

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Def...ProdID=PKZ5180

http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL6350
Old 05-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #4
MyronW

Club: Fallbrook RC Flyers
Friends: (0)

A couple of our club members got together and did a spoof video about the ParkZone Extra 300. Tongue-in-cheek, I assure you!

The Malevolent Machine

Rotary wing: mCPX V.2; Nano CPX; MQX; Ares Ethos QX 75 Quad
Fixed wing: HZ Glasair Sportsman; Slow Stick; Assassin;PZ T-28; Crack Turbo Beaver; Hangar 9 P-40B Warhawk 50 (under construction)
Radio: Taranis
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #5
earthsciteach

Friends: (5)

Dear Lord, that was hilarious!

All of my landings are three point landings if you count the spinner, too
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Looking to get a twisted hobbies EPP or eflight Yak to practice with in advance of building the 3DHS Super Vyper arf I won at the 3DHS event we had a few weeks back. Been flying the Formosa II pattern ship lately. A very nice kit for $50.00. I modded her out quite a bit including custom LG from Chellie.

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying