Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
rcflyboy

Friends: (0)
Default acro wott

how durable is aerocell foam with carbon fiber reinforcement and what do you think about the acro wot mkii any input would greatly be appreciated
Old 06-03-2013, 09:13 PM   #2
Chucksolo69

Friends: (1)

I just got one of these and the plane feels really solid. I haven't maidened her yet as I only got her on Friday and I took my time with the assembly. Carbon fiber is good but any plane is gonna get hurt if you dork her in. I have two giipes with the plane, the first is that the tail wheel on mine is off center, but a needle nose and a regular set of pliers will fix that. The second is that Hobbico insists on using their "Super Tiger" connector on their ESC so the batteries you have will not be usable unless you replace the connectors. Luckily, Tower Hobbies sells a Super Tiger to Dean's adapter. I have one I bought for my Flyzone F4U Corsair and it works great. Other than that, it's a great looking plane and goes together easily.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
rcflyboy

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Chucksolo69 View Post
I just got one of these and the plane feels really solid. I haven't maidened her yet as I only got her on Friday and I took my time with the assembly. Carbon fiber is good but any plane is gonna get hurt if you dork her in. I have two giipes with the plane, the first is that the tail wheel on mine is off center, but a needle nose and a regular set of pliers will fix that. The second is that Hobbico insists on using their "Super Tiger" connector on their ESC so the batteries you have will not be usable unless you replace the connectors. Luckily, Tower Hobbies sells a Super Tiger to Dean's adapter. I have one I bought for my Flyzone F4U Corsair and it works great. Other than that, it's a great looking plane and goes together easily.
Let me know howvit flys, thanks for your input it is appreciated

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies