I have an Eflite 60 amp esc. At first glance it looks like an Eflite 60 amp PRO esc but it's not.
I installed it to replace an Eflite 60 amp- PRO and the first thing I noticed when connecting a 5-cell pack was that it would not start-up /initialize. It emitted two fast beeps and continued that cadence until the pack was unplugged. I tried a 4-cell and 3-cell pack and on both the esc would start-up BUT the start-up tones are different than those of a PRO.
I tried to enter manual programming mode following the instructions of the PRO and the programming tones and program menu are different than the PRO. For selections 1 through 4 it emits a single beep, double, beep, triple beep, and quad beep just like the PRO. When it come to menu option #5 it emits a long tone of a different frequency, option#6 emits a long tone and a short beep(beep is similar in sound to the first four menu beeps), option #7 is a long tone and (2) short beeps, then there is a pause and (2) beeps then the programming menu starts again.
I selected option #1 and it had only two selections to change so I assumed that was the brake. I set it to the second selection and sure enough the brake was on. The brake option on the PRO is option #3 not #1. Other than the brake I am lost as to what options # 2 through # 7 are.
To sum up here is what I know about this esc:
*It resembles a PRO esc from the outside.
* It is an older esc from around 2008 from internet searches as I see it mentioned but can't find any supporting documents for it..
* It works on 4-cell packs but not 5-cell.
* Start-up and programming tones are different than the PRO.
* Programming menu is different than the PRO.
* The Eflite serial programmer will not recognize it when plugged in.
* Contacted Horizon and they are having a hard time getting programming info on it. Probably the guy there who would have known is now running an RC Turbine engine company.
Below are a few pics and a short audio where you can hear the tones.
If anyone has the programming menu or instructions I would appreciate it.