Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)
Default My son just got the bug!

I took my 6-year-old son to the field a few weeks ago, and since that day, he wants to come with me every single time and we spend the weekdays discussing what planes to bring to our next outing. I could now have asked for a better father son bonding activity!

He's practicing in the simulator and making great progress. Hopefully I can get him up on a buddy box soon!

AMA #959089
Old 09-27-2013, 06:29 PM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

Excellent! Years of fun for the future!
Old 09-27-2013, 07:01 PM   #3
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

6 year olds get bored quick. Get him on the box NOW.

I have 4 kids, 2 learned (past solo) one lasted until his 2nd crash. Make sure you teach him it is TOTALLY OK to crash. My son saw me fly and just assumed you didn't crash... LOL

It is a great joy to have the kiddo's with you....

Mike
Old 09-27-2013, 11:13 PM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,181 Times in 2,088 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (314)

I Give your son 6 months, and he will be as good as his Daddy flying RC or better Take care and have fun, Chellie

BTW, I bet your son gets his good looks from his Momma

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-28-2013, 12:07 AM   #5
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 

The looks are definitely from his mom. You've seen pictures of me, haven't you? Nothing good can possibly come from my looks!

Anyway, what's a good, durable, slow, stable and highly visible trainer these days? I liked the Dynam HawkSky a lot, but mine is now wing-clipped and converted to an over-powered monster. Maybe I should just get another HawkSky...

AMA #959089
Old 09-28-2013, 12:19 AM   #6
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
The looks are definitely from his mom. You've seen pictures of me, haven't you? Nothing good can possibly come from my looks! LOL

Anyway, what's a good, durable, slow, stable and highly visible trainer these days? I liked the Dynam HawkSky a lot, but mine is now wing-clipped and converted to an over-powered monster. Maybe I should just get another HawkSky...
The HawkSky will be a great Trainer for your son paint one of the wing tips on the bottom red so he can see it easier

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-28-2013, 01:24 AM   #7
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (17)

hello Pontus,i consider you and i to be friends so i won't beat around the bush here. your very blessed my friend and your getting a huge opportunity to share many hr's of fun time between just you and your son...with that said ,i would highly suggest buying this plane to help give your young pilot incentive to learn quickly......this i am sure your wife will agree is way better than a life of booze,drugs and wild women. [don't use these as arguments to buy this bird].

i look forward to one day flying together again and seeing your boys new wings......,and remember,the bigger the trainer ...the easier it is to fly. stu

126" AJ Slick - Blue1 Review(s)Your Price: $1,999.99

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 09-28-2013, 01:44 AM   #8
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
hello Pontus,i consider you and i to be friends so i won't beat around the bush here. your very blessed my friend and your getting a huge opportunity to share many hr's of fun time between just you and your son...with that said ,i would highly suggest buying this plane to help give your young pilot incentive to learn quickly......this i am sure your wife will agree is way better than a life of booze,drugs and wild women. [don't use these as arguments to buy this bird].

i look forward to one day flying together again and seeing your boys new wings......,and remember,the bigger the trainer ...the easier it is to fly. stu

126" AJ Slick - Blue1 Review(s)Your Price: $1,999.99
A 126" Slick? Yeah, that should keep him away from the booze and loose women!

But blessed I am! He's a great kid. Can't wait to get him in the air. I think I'll just go ahead and order a HawkSky. It a plane I know well and like a lot. And it's dirt cheap (compared to the 126" Slick).

AMA #959089
Old 09-28-2013, 01:45 AM   #9
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 

BTW... If I won the lottery, a 126" Slick and a vehicle to transport it with would probably be the first thing I would buy. That's how messed up in my head I am!

AMA #959089
Old 09-28-2013, 02:44 AM   #10
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Swede you lucky dog having your boy take a shine to the hobby! Many fun times ahead for both of you and great memories down the road to look back upon.

I tried with my youngest first time on the sticks with the super cub he did really good. I think even better than my first flight with the cub. Asked him to go again and I got a nah it wasn't that great. Too bad judging from his first flight he seemed to have a natural instinct to fly.

Take him to the candy land of RC events SEFF next you both will say it's better than Disney.
Old 09-28-2013, 03:18 AM   #11
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
BTW... If I won the lottery, a 126" Slick and a vehicle to transport it with would probably be the first thing I would buy. That's how messed up in my head I am!

Your Not Alone so am I LOL

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat