Sorry if this is a dupe but I can not find my other post.
I have a Blade scout and a CX2 with the 3 in one. The scout came with a stuck servo but once I got the moving it flies fine.
The CX2 I have trouble with . I think most of the time the problem is not a big enough living room to make adjustments. At best it moves around a little during attempted hover.
I attempted to fly it outside once. Not good but it survived.
I have several questions.
1. I ordered the Replacement tail. Will it help indoor flight?
2. I am new at this. Are there any other mods that will make it easier to fly indoors?
3. Is there anything available that is larger than the Scout but smaller than the CX2 for indoor flight?
4. If I replace one blade should I replace both?
1. Hate to sound like a smart-alec, but what replacement tail? I think the cx2 is fine as long as it has some mass as a tail. I've tried without a tail and it isn't pretty!
2. The aluminum swash plate and balance bar holder (I forget the technical term for that) make the controls a little less sloppy. The cx2 is a bit large for in a house. I was using it in a warehouse.
3. It's not bigger than the scout, but the mcx2 is a nice flyer. Our if you're just looking for anything to fly inside to keep your fingers trained, I gave in and got a nano qx quad copter and it's a blast! And I'm no big fan of quads. It's more stable and more maneuverable than the mcx2.
4. I don't think so. I haven't flown my cx2 in a while but I think I only replaced one at a time.
One thing about flying heli's or quads indoors, is flying low or close to objects causes turbulence. It's easiest to hover higher and away from anything so the rotos are working in clear air.
You can replace one rotor blade if it breaks, but you need to make sure
that the PAIR of blades are balanced. take both blades (off the heli) and
screw them together. Then balance them on the balls between two glasses or the
jaws of a vice, or whatever. Add a little scotch tape to the light blade till
they sit level.
Helicopters don't really fly.......
They're just so ugly, that the earth repels them.