Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 11-30-2013, 05:26 PM   #1
liposucker

Friends: (0)
Default 72" Lancaster..a little more advice if possible

Hi all
I posted earlier this week for any advice on paint finishing my fully sheeted Lancaster, directly onto balsa and what the best way to seal the balsa sheeting would be prior to painting.
Many thanks to all those who replied. I took all your advice on-board.
I did note from the replies a recommendation that I also apply tissue for an even better finish and I am now starting to lean towards these suggestions.
I have never used tissue and dope before on any thing. I have been reading up on the various posts and am fairly confident I can achieve a good effect as the posts are very instructive.
However, I do need a little specific advice regarding the wings/nacelles areas. There are 2 nacelles on each wing that project onto the top and bottom of the wing. So my specific questions are....

1. Should I try to cover the upper wing surface and nacelles in one go or cover the nacelles then the wing?
2. What do I do where the tissue overlaps with another piece of tissue. Can I sand out the overlap when the final dope layers are on or do I butt join the tissue?
3. I have read about a non-toxic dope, here in the UK its called Eze-dope. Brushes clean up with water and low odour and it appears from the advertising to behave like ordinary dope. I was thinking of using this as the initial 2 coat seal for the balsa and for applying the tissue. Anyone had any experience with this or similar.

Many apologies if these are fairly basic questions, but I sooner ask them and get advice to those who are experienced in tissue and dope.
Thanks in advance

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions