Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Tenderfoot

Friends: (0)
Default Oct. 20 ALES St. Augustine, Fl.

On October 20th the Ancient City RC flyers are holding their first ever ALES contest. The motor run/altitude is limited by a CAM or equal for 30 seconds or 200M, which ever is first. Many of those signed up have never flown in a contest of this type and it promises to be a fun day. For more information go to Ancientcityrc.org and see our field as well as the sign-up sheet. We look foward to seeing you there.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

View Larry3215's Gallery63
Club: Kitsap ARCS & E-FLAPS
Awards Showcase

90 Minute Thermal Duration  60 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration  4kW 
Friends: (21)

How did the contest go?

I think I need a signature.
Larry
Old 11-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #3
Tenderfoot

Friends: (0)
Default ALES Contest

The contest was a smashing success. Our club had never done anything like this before and there was only one "glider guy" in the club. He rounded up some support and our chef got Angus burgers, his wife did the fresh potato salad and others did the deserts. In actual fact, if it wasn't for the donations we would have lost a bit of money. Some of the 15 entrants drove over 100 miles and much of the contest "stuff" (measuring tapes, score cards, and a computer with knowledgeable operator) was supplied by the Orlando Buzzards. Our club now has 6 "glider guys" with new planes under way. A Mandrin, Avia, Art Hobby 3.1, and a new Radian. Most of the glider folks seem to center around RC Groups Sailplane Events and you will find all of our pictures of the event on that thread. The thread has moved down in time and was listed as Oct. 20th ALES contest. Thanks you for the inquiry and if I can be of any help please contact me.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #4
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

View Larry3215's Gallery63
Club: Kitsap ARCS & E-FLAPS
Awards Showcase

90 Minute Thermal Duration  60 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration  4kW 
Friends: (21)

Congrats on a successful contest!

I think I need a signature.
Larry

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes