Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Pusher Park Jets For all pusher jets and jet-like models.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-27-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
yamahafunkplayer

Club: BARKS (Boise Area Radio Kontrol Society)
Friends: (4)
Default New pusher jet design idea: Dalpha

I have been eyeballing EDF jets for a while and really like the hobby king viper jet. Looks great and is reasonably priced. However, due to the expense of buying a fan unit, high amp esc, bec, and bigger batteries I began to consider building a similar looking pusher jet that has the looks, but using a prop and a similar power setup as my current 3 and 4s airplanes. (All of them 48 to 50" span)

I used foam board to build a full size engineering mock up to figure out how to build and where to place components. My hang-up now is determining a wing. I would like a slightly tapered wing about 50 inches in span with the TE being more tapered than the LE. (Similar to the wing of an extra, edge, sbach, etc.). But, in keeping the design simple and easy to build, I would sacrifice the symmetrical airfoil for a flat bottomed one.

My design has a flat fuse bottom and uses a spine and ribs (bulkheads) design. I can accommodate almost any wing chord shape, but the flat bottomed wing would simplify construction and allow the wing to be flush mounted to the bottom of fuse, where it could be easily removed in one piece for transport.

Anyone have plans or know of a design whose wings I may adapt? I will pose pictures of my foam mockup soon as I am able for all of you to see what I am up to.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:28 AM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

To start with a Viper Jet and then say an Sbach ? Two totally different wing forms and styles.

First - avoid dead flat wing - it will be extremely sensitive and liable to drop a wing at slightest hint in a turn. A touch of dihedral goes a long way to help.
Second - a flat bottom wing is not really that much easier, an aerofoil wing only needs a strip at T/E to jig the wing.

Suggest you check out :

Outerzone

Hippocketaeronautics

Two of the best all round plans sites on line.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Pusher Park Jets

Tags
design , help or advice , jet , pusher , scratch build