Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-08-2014, 06:15 AM   #1
RickAvery

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (2)
Default Haiyin Batteries A-1 customer service!

I purchased 2, 4s 5000mah 40c lipos from The Haiyin Store figuring I'd give their batteries a shot. Their prices were good and shipping was very reasonable from their USA warehouse. When I received them I checked the voltage of each. One battery was spot on balanced @ 3.83v/cell. The other was almost the same with one cell coming in at 3.74v. Red Flag!! I did as their warrenty said and put the questionable battery through 3 charge/discharge cycles on my Bantam BC8 DX and took pictures of the process starting from as received to the final charge cycle. The same cell was still low. I contacted Haiyin and they replied in less than a day and asked me to send them a photo of the battery on my charger which I did, showing the cell voltages. They again responded back saying they would replace the battery with a new one. They also gave me a 15%discount code for a future purchase. I received the new battery today with all cells balanced. This folks is what customer service looks like. You can bet I'll use that discount code. Heres a link to their store. http://www.haiyinstore.com/featured2...=204+&PID=225+
Blue skies!

Rick
Old 01-08-2014, 07:11 AM   #2
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by RickAvery View Post
I purchased 2, 4s 5000mah 40c lipos from The Haiyin Store figuring I'd give their batteries a shot. Their prices were good and shipping was very reasonable from their USA warehouse. When I received them I checked the voltage of each. One battery was spot on balanced @ 3.83v/cell. The other was almost the same with one cell coming in at 3.74v. Red Flag!! I did as their warrenty said and put the questionable battery through 3 charge/discharge cycles on my Bantam BC8 DX and took pictures of the process starting from as received to the final charge cycle. The same cell was still low. I contacted Haiyin and they replied in less than a day and asked me to send them a photo of the battery on my charger which I did, showing the cell voltages. They again responded back saying they would replace the battery with a new one. They also gave me a 15%discount code for a future purchase. I received the new battery today with all cells balanced. This folks is what customer service looks like. You can bet I'll use that discount code. Heres a link to their store. http://www.haiyinstore.com/featured2...=204+&PID=225+
Blue skies!

Rick
That is good news, always good to have alternates for these LiPo batteries.

Just a note, your link didn't work. But, this one does:
http://www.haiyinstore.com

And, check out this video on making those LiPo batteries:
http://www.haiyinstore.com/showvideo.asp

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:37 AM   #3
RickAvery

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (2)

Thanks Denny for the heads up on the link. I hope a good product and good customer service serves them, (and us) well. Blue skies.

Rick
Old 01-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #4
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by RickAvery View Post
Thanks Denny for the heads up on the link. I hope a good product and good customer service serves them, (and us) well. Blue skies.

Rick
Yup
I always save my wattflyer entries, and then try out any links that may have been put in. More than once, they didn't work.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:23 PM   #5
Siberianhusky

Club: Human Race
Friends: (0)

They are probably OK for average plane use, these packs do not like high amperage setups.
When they first came out a couple years ago some of my fellow boaters tried them, not much luck, lots of puffing and a couple smoke shows. Mind you they were also 200+ amp setups.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Your boats pull serious amps! I have been using these in planes and they work great plus their customer service is the best. The batteries I have are over a year old and rock solid still, and going strong.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

Originally Posted by Siberianhusky View Post
They are probably OK for average plane use, these packs do not like high amperage setups.
When they first came out a couple years ago some of my fellow boaters tried them, not much luck, lots of puffing and a couple smoke shows. Mind you they were also 200+ amp setups.
That's somewhat similar to experience too. I'd heard stories that Haiyin batteries outperformed their C rating compared to most other brands. On this basis I picked up three 6s 2700mAh that a vendor (not Haiyin direct) described as 30c rated. Turns out they are actually 20c constant, 30c burst, so the vendor was being less than totally honest.

Anyway, I'm using the batteries in a 500 class heli that pulls about 60-70A in bursts. I find these batteries perform averagly for a 20c battery. Hobbyking Zippies rated 20c perform every bit as well if not a little better. Gens Ace 25c batteries comfortably and by a wide margin out-perform the Haiyin.

So while their customer service may be top-notch, on my limited (three battery) sample their actual batteries are no more than average. Dont get me wrong, I'm not advise against buying them because they are 'ok', but IMHO not worth paying any premium over budget brands.

It's too early to comment on longevity, they are about 30 cycles old and havent deteriorated (or improved) any from new.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #8
Siberianhusky

Club: Human Race
Friends: (0)

One one of the boat forums somebody who is involved in the battery business claims that some HK packs (can't remember if it's Zippy or Turnigy) and Haiyin are from the same supplier.
Of course I can't prove this but it does make some sense as only a few companies are actually making lipo batteries.
The top level batteries come from these same plants, they are just subject to more stringent quality control.
Ya the boats are the true torture test for components, I have to keep in mind the difference between planes and boats when I switch forums, some of the products people swear are great in planes I am very leery of because of experiences with the same brands in boats.

here is a 200 amp esc that died in my buddies boat, quite the mess! Was a HobbyWing at one point. 6s setup. Saved the motor, everything else was a loss.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions