Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
motor12

Club: ARCA
Friends: (0)
Default VQ fw190 .60 who's building one

Just ordered a FW190 .60 size from VQ warbirds (Tomas) and i am going to do the electric conversion. Is anyone doing a build, any problems to look for,any helpful hints.Share your set up, Photos would be a BIG help. thanks
Old 04-09-2011, 03:10 AM   #2
motor12

I guess i will have to answer my own questions on this build. I have completed the FW 190 and it was an easy ARF the only real trouble was installing the flaps. nothing but a little extra time to get it right. I also installed E-flite electric retracts and they are a good fit.Going to maiden next week so i can be ready for ARCAs warbird event in Austin. Almost forgot, power is an E-flite power 60 with a Phoenix ICE 75 and a 16x10 APC prop and a 6S 5000 30c battery..
Old 04-09-2011, 05:29 AM   #3
Forge

Friends: (2)

Hey Motor 12,

I am not familiar with VQ FW 190. Post up some pics or video of your flight. Would love to see it.

Good luck with your maiden!

Forge
Old 11-13-2011, 09:02 AM   #4
poziovahim

Wow, my all time favorite fighter!
How is it coming along?
Old 11-13-2011, 05:29 PM   #5
motor12

Here is a photo of my FW190 along side my BF108 Taifun.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3757.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	194.7 KB
ID:	154753  
Old 01-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #6
Jazzbone

Club: KRCM

Hey Motor12...I just started the FW190 myself...well got it unboxed at least...I was just wondering which 6s 5000 battery you were using...I was just hoping to look it up and get the dimensions from it...biggest I have here now are 5s lipos so I can't do any comparison....
Anything I should be looking out for during the build?

Thanks
Jazzbone
Old 01-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #7
motor12

Jazzbone i am using a BLUE LIPO 6S 25C 5000mAh www.hobbiepartz.com good luck with your new bird. It is an easy model to fly just don't get to slow. I did not run into any real problems on the build. The one thing i did change was not using the battery door as supplied. I glued it shut and change batteries by removing the wing. there was not enough room to fit the battery thru the battery door.
Old 01-03-2012, 02:15 PM   #8
Jazzbone

Originally Posted by motor12 View Post
Jazzbone i am using a BLUE LIPO 6S 25C 5000mAh good luck with your new bird. It is an easy model to fly just don't get to slow. I did not run into any real problems on the build. The one thing i did change was not using the battery door as supplied. I glued it shut and change batteries by removing the wing. there was not enough room to fit the battery thru the battery door.
Thanks...I've been snooping around trying to see which 6s lipo will fit in...my 5s 5000 nano-tech seems to make it through the door ok but I know I won't be happy with it on a power-60 motor...
I'll have to look into the possibility of cutting a hatch in the upper part of the fuse right behind the cowl...would have to make a new tray but that seems easily done...
Which servo's did you go with? Just the standard ~60-70 torque?

Cheers
Jazzbone
Old 01-03-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
motor12

Originally Posted by Jazzbone View Post
Thanks...I've been snooping around trying to see which 6s lipo will fit in...my 5s 5000 nano-tech seems to make it through the door ok but I know I won't be happy with it on a power-60 motor...
I'll have to look into the possibility of cutting a hatch in the upper part of the fuse right behind the cowl...would have to make a new tray but that seems easily done...
Which servo's did you go with? Just the standard ~60-70 torque?

Cheers
Jazzbone
I am using Futaba s3004 servos on all surfaces and E-flite electric retracts. i think the 5s battery may not give you the results you are after, go with the 6s and you will be glad you did.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #10
Jazzbone

Originally Posted by motor12 View Post
I am using Futaba s3004 servos on all surfaces and E-flite electric retracts. i think the 5s battery may not give you the results you are after, go with the 6s and you will be glad you did.
Yup...6s for sure...just ordered a battery...if it fits well enough I'll order a few more...
Glad to see the EFlite retracts drop right in...I'm going with the VQ with oleo's, if they end up being junk it's nice to know EFlites work...

Cheers
Jazzbone
Old 01-18-2012, 02:34 AM   #11
Jazzbone

Originally Posted by Jazzbone View Post
Yup...6s for sure...just ordered a battery...if it fits well enough I'll order a few more...
Glad to see the EFlite retracts drop right in...I'm going with the VQ with oleo's, if they end up being junk it's nice to know EFlites work...

Cheers
Jazzbone
Hi Motor12...the build's just starting out, everything is looking good so far...I'll be tackling the retracts in the next week or so, I decided to go with the electrics as well, they seem to be holding up well enough in my Corsair...which e-flite retracts did ya go with...I was looking at the 25-46 as they have the 4mm struts which is what I can get these oleo's around...Was it the 85 or 90 degree ones you went with?

Thanks
Jazzbone
Old 01-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #12
betomxl

nice planes you have there..
Old 01-03-2014, 06:55 AM   #13
wollins

Friends: (1)

Hey Jazzbone,

Did you ever get this bird done? If so ... how did it fly and did you get the battery area successfully done like you wanted to? (hatch behind the cowl)

Thanks!

Colin

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics