As I assembled the kit I noticed that the model was not actually a Model "E" but a Model "Y" . The Y was a larger design with two cockpits, one covered over for racing. The Y had tubing type under-stabilizer braces and different rigging on top. Not able to leave well enough alone, I added dummy topside wing rigging, Y type windshield and full dummy tail rigging. I used a Cobra 3125/12 motor, 60 amp Cobra speed control with switch mode BEC. I used a 14x9 APC prop and 4S 4500mah Hobby People lipo pack . Had an aborted takeoff which seemed to indicate a serious tail heavy condition. Added 11 ounces of flat lead fishing weights to firewall and had very good scale warbird/3D pilot maiden it for me. Was way too nose heavy. Removed weights with each successful test flight until we got down to two ounces. Model has slight twist in wing or washout on left none on right. Model can now fly hands off with some right rudder and aileron trim and some up elevator trm. CG is now at the recommended 2 and 3/4" behind leading edge. Aierons are marginally effective, need full throws to attempt rolls. Does big loops nicely after a little dive to gain speed.
Needs Hobby People 4S 4500 lipos as far forward in battery compartment as possible. Model is pitch and CG sensitive, needs an intermediate+ skilled tail-dragger pilot. Needs to be greased on for landings like a P-51, wheel pants are best on paved takeoff and landing surface. Not particularly tip-stall prone but keep some speed on because of large dummy radial/ring cowl, wheel pants and rigging. Needs long enough landing strip and needs to take off at shallow angle ,when ready at full throttle.As always, you mileage may vary. Model must be turned over to change battery packs. Made PVC stand for it. Go here for more info: