Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Hannes

Friends: (0)
Question Problem with WLtoys v959

I seem to be unable to use my v959 to its full potential.

Every time I try to take a still image with the lower right button on the controller, the green LED on the camera flashes red about 3 times and then stops, not taking an image.

Also, when I try to record a video with the uppermost left button above the controller, it takes a still image every second time I press the still image button.

It has been like this since I bought it and bound it to the transmitter.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:27 PM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

Here's a review that explains the buttons clearly ...

Full article : http://www.droneflyers.com/2013/03/r...r-with-camera/

The Camera
The ability to take videos with a stock camera is probably the single biggest reason that consumers would buy this quad, so it’s worth taking a short look at the included camera. The camera along with it’s mount and microSD card weight about 10 grams, which is quite a bit lighter than the famous Keychain cams. It slides into place from the rear of the aircraft and is removed in a similar fashion. The lens is hinged so that it can point anywhere from about straight (level) with the quadcopter to 45 degrees down, a feature which also provides an advantage over the Keychain Cams. The V959 Camera is powered by the quadcopter battery and the included 2G microSD card should hold about 18 minutes total. A USB stick included in the package will transfer the (.avi) video files to your computer.
Installation or remove of cam
Lens in 45 degree position

Due to price and design constraints, the camera is low resolution – just 640×480, but provides 60 frames per second (60 fps), which seems to help stabilize the videos somewhat.
The camera can take still pics or videos, depending on which function button (on the Transmitter) you press. On my (US) copy, the operation is as follows:
1. Camera is powered up (steady green LED on bottom).
2. Record Video – Press the button on the top left of TX – to the left of the antenna on the top surface. The LED will blink red as it continues to record. Hit button again to stop recording.
3. Record Picture – note – these are of low quality! The second function button on my TX is at the lowest silver button on the right hand side of the LCD screen. Pressing it once will take a series of three (3) quick snapshots. The LED will blink red and then turn back to green.
Note that when any of these buttons are pressed, a small “function” message will appear on the lower right of the TX LCD. See TX layout pic for the exact location of the video and snapshot buttons.

Basicaqlly one button does one job .. other button does other ... they are not used together.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 10-12-2014, 11:27 AM   #3
Hannes

Yes, I am aware of what each button is supposed to do, but, I cannot take video's with the top left button, instead it takes one picture. When I press the button that takes 3 snapshots, the green LED flashes red 3 times, but does not take any photo's.

I am wondering if it may be defective.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:56 PM   #4
Hannes

Ok, I have opened up the camera and cleared a bit of dust, it now seems the 3 snopshot function is working normally, but it still won't record.

I will see what I can do.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors

Tags
problem , v959 , wltoys