Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (22)
Default quad flyer is an enemy of the hobby!!

Once again this idiot is in the news for being a total bone head with no brains to show for going to college.
this is the same guy a woman beat upon [on video] for videoing on a beach people with out regard to their privacy and in that case most who fly quads sided with the pilot as he made an innocent mistake and a crazy women attacked him. personally ,i am finishing a 2 week vacation and left my quads at home so not to risk getting sand in the motors. there aren't any fields around on the island big enough to fly in and not worry about others safety. so i wait. just good sense.

now this jerk claims he's an engineering student and built a quad with an gun mounted to it and shoot a video saying his college professor help him build it[professor dienes this claim] ,then he youtube posts it's firing which has a 2,000,000+views already. its a quad in the 2foot size category from what i can see,and it fires one shot at a time from a semi automatic mounted and obviously trigger pulled by a simple servo assembly.
doesn't take a geniouse to build and a total a$$hole to post for another 15minutes of fame[hes on the local news everyday,so its hours of of exposer to the public to the tune of millions viewing]

i am a peaceful type person who has pretty much gotten a bad temper under control many years ago......but now. the news says he's broken no laws in Connecticut and the laws hove been out run by technology.new laws must be made to catch up. boys and girls,we are seeing rc history being made in our life times that will scrutinize our very beloved hobby that used to take real brains to fly,now any brainless idiot can ruin our hobby.

sorry gang,just venting this morning and having withdrawal issues for not going flying for 2 weeks except for a cheerson cx 10a . i just wish we as the true hobbyists of rc flying could offer suggestions to control the idiots ruining our hobby without clipping our own wings cause all our birds to become flightless. any ideas gang

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 07-23-2015, 02:51 PM   #2
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)

I always said from the start when he was 'attacked' by the woman .... that he was not what he claimed to be.

But of course I was shouted down by his supporters.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 07-23-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Smoky Mountain Aero Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

That certainly is problematic. I foresee more and more regulations coming down on us in the future.

Hopefully the solid, rules abiding clubs, with dedicated fields are not too affected.

Great Smoky Mountains National Parks newest Ranger!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (10)

I'm still amazed at the uproar over the gun quad video. Not because of what it is, but because IIRC, I saw a similar video a year or 2 back, the guy sounded like he had a Russian accent or similar. At first I thought it was the same video and was like, the media sure was slow on this one.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
Tepid Pilot

View Tepid Pilot's Gallery1
Friends: (0)

This kid, Austin Haughwout of Clinton Connecticut, is a loose cannon, IMO, and his father is an enabler.

http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/...-investigation

To me, and again this is just my opinion, this kind of behavior is absolutely disgraceful. As Groucho might say, "If I had a horse I'd horse whip him!"

TP
Old 07-23-2015, 06:06 PM   #6
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Many disputed this idiots claims after his previous beach adventure went viral......for his lack of respect for privacy and disregard for safety..........those who came to his defense were mainly uniformed and want-a-be quad owners who would or currently practice and display the same reckless traits.........many of his YouTube followers post the same crap (which the follow-up investigations verified).

The bigger issue here is the support he is getting from his parents and peers who think this crap is fun and entertaining.......his dad probably believes his son is some type of engineering prodigy who will make millions and become famous.........lol..........thus far, his fame is turning to shame for the entire hobby sector.

There are several other recent examples of un-safe and illegal RC "drone" applications being practiced only a couple of miles from my home.....in the following article...:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/21/us/gun-drone-connecticut/

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many idiots thought there wasn't anything wrong with flying a "drone" over an active public emergency situation where authorized low flying emergency aircraft were engaged to prevent homes from being destroyed..........just go to RCG or YouTube and read what......over a 1/3 of the responses to the fire issues, believed that a little "drone" impact with an emergency aircraft would have no effect on that crafts ability to fly.............that's just one example of what quite of few "drone" owners who practice behaviors like the "gun" guy, gravitate to...........

It's not the "gun" or "drone" that is the problem, it's the person behind the trigger or sticks who needs to be controlled by society.....which, in both cases, society has yet to find a practical or "make everyone" happy method to accomplish..........we all suffer from the "sins" other's commit....ie., the reason we have laws and governments to enforce them.........

I advocate we "self police" within our given legal systems and communities, "neighborhood watch" programs come to mind..........they work in my community and local RC hobby clubs...........it won't stop those who have disregard and defy the law or safety, but it does deter and serve notice that "you are being watched, reported" and eventually apprehended by ME, MY BROTHERS, MY FRIENDS, MY FAMILY or the law.........

AMA 928214
Old 07-23-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Its not the type of model...

Its the loose nut behind the sticks.
Old 07-23-2015, 06:28 PM   #8
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by Tepid Pilot View Post
This kid, Austin Haughwout of Clinton Connecticut, is a loose cannon, IMO, and his father is an enabler.

http://www.wptv.com/news/local-news/...-investigation

To me, and again this is just my opinion, this kind of behavior is absolutely disgraceful. As Groucho might say, "If I had a horse I'd horse whip him!"

TP
He has been subject of various interviews and posted up on YT .. where he continues his one-sided argument about the Beach Assault incident. It's interesting that at the time and after - he moderated ALL comments and postings to his upload of the assault ... of course removing those he didn't like.

His father ... I support my sons ... but do not incite or support illegal or immoral acts as he does ...
I note that the 'fighting fund' I believe got nailed for what it was !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 07-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #9
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

You wouldn't believe (or maybe you would) how many idiots thought there wasn't anything wrong with flying a "drone" over an active public emergency situation where authorized low flying emergency aircraft were engaged to prevent homes from being destroyed.....
Happened quite recently where firefighting aircraft were vectored away from the fire area because of Drone activity filming ..

Personally I would arrest and prosecute for Obstruction and Endangering property / life ...

Nigel

Old 07-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #10
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Wink

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Happened quite recently where firefighting aircraft were vectored away from the fire area because of Drone activity filming ..

Personally I would arrest and prosecute for Obstruction and Endangering property / life ...

Nigel
Just like the article attached in my post reflected.........I happened to witness the Yucaipa, CA incident, I live down the road from there and was at the market where fire staging crews assembled.........never saw the quad but radio chatter was quite evident and lots of pissed-off fire personnel waiting for the air drop that was delayed...........took me over an hour to get out of the market parking lot, so it delayed my return home too....lol.

Edit:

The specific "drone" was not apprehended and there was (still) no "proof aerial filming" was performed. Investigation on-going.........apparently no YouTube vid has surfaced on this event YET.........lot's of quad owners out in this neck of the woods.......

AMA 928214
Old 07-23-2015, 09:07 PM   #11
Turner
Super Contributor

I may be narrow minded but I have hated these things since they first appeared. They seem to attract a lot of people who had no previous RC flight interest. It also seems that a much higher percentage of users violate common sense guidelines prohibiting flying over people than planes and single rotor craft though a lot of single rotor people do stupid things as well. Eventually one of these things will bring down an aircraft with people.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 PM   #12
tr4252

I was involved in the thread this jerk started about the allegedly "crazy" woman who "attacked him for no good reason". I criticized him and asked incisive questions, only to be ignored, told off, etc. And, I remember the fund the guy was trying to start to defend his actions. Bogus, bogus, bogus.

It's not surprising at all that this arrogant, thoughtless clown is in the news again; he seems to enjoy being in the center of controversy. Children do crave attention, negative or otherwise. Spoiled brat sociopath.

You people are right; we should do our best to self regulate the hobby.

Tom
Old 07-23-2015, 09:42 PM   #13
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by tr4252 View Post
I was involved in the thread this jerk started about the allegedly "crazy" woman who "attacked him for no good reason". I criticized him and asked incisive questions, only to be ignored, told off, etc. And, I remember the fund they guy was trying to start to defend his actions. Bogus, bogus, bogus.

It's not surprising at all that this arrogant, thoughtless clown is in the news again; he seems to enjoy being in the center of controversy. Children do crave attention, negative or otherwise.

Tom
I took a lot of abuse on RCG thread that ran on describing his beach assault incident. There were a few of us who were not so easily led by the biased reporting..... but of course we were just labeled anti-quad.

Guys like this and his father need therapy.

During that beach thread etc. - online detective work threw up a lot of scandal involving him and his family.

No surprise at all this latest.

Nigel

Old 07-23-2015, 10:15 PM   #14
birdDog
Charging....

Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (7)

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
I'm still amazed at the uproar over the gun quad video. Not because of what it is, but because IIRC, I saw a similar video a year or 2 back, the guy sounded like he had a Russian accent or similar. At first I thought it was the same video and was like, the media sure was slow on this one.
FPS Russia did that, with an AR. I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't want to be within 5 miles of that thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to B.S.
Rob
Old 07-24-2015, 01:50 AM   #15
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

fps russia is quite the gun nut who shows off in his videos . he has an open area to shoot off all kinds of guns,cannons, machine guns,flamethrowers ,ect...ect. he must be getting serious funds from somewhere as he'll shoot off many rounds of ammo of all different size caliburs and many are automatic assault rifles.

i found the heli gun ship video to be very amusing at first and new he had separate explosives set in all those manicins he blew up. most of his videos are a bit amusing the way he blows things up in the process of riddling them with gun fire. i think thats why his video of the rc hell didn't go viral. its one of many fpv russia vids.

this dope "howard" in Connecticut posts a few vids and get on the national news...fpvrussia won't make the news as well as all the rc pilots who shoot roman candles and fireworks from rc planes at their friends running around in the field as a target and getting hit.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 07-24-2015, 01:56 AM   #16
birdDog
Charging....

Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (7)

lol, that roman candle one was kinda funny though...

I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to B.S.
Rob
Old 07-24-2015, 03:08 AM   #17
Porcia83

Friends: (4)

Originally Posted by tr4252 View Post
I was involved in the thread this jerk started about the allegedly "crazy" woman who "attacked him for no good reason". I criticized him and asked incisive questions, only to be ignored, told off, etc. And, I remember the fund the guy was trying to start to defend his actions. Bogus, bogus, bogus.

It's not surprising at all that this arrogant, thoughtless clown is in the news again; he seems to enjoy being in the center of controversy. Children do crave attention, negative or otherwise. Spoiled brat sociopath.

Tom
I took a lot of abuse on RCG thread that ran on describing his beach assault incident. There were a few of us who were not so easily led by the biased reporting..... but of course we were just labeled anti-quad.

Guys like this and his father need therapy.

During that beach thread etc. - online detective work threw up a lot of scandal involving him and his family.

No surprise at all this latest.

Nigel

Ya...I vaguely remember that thread too.......suffice it to say if you didn't accept what he said, and later what his supporters said...it didn't go over to well. You were either labled a troll, or a quad hater, or a relic because you didn't get with the times. He later went on to try to sell some gear, and then looked to buy equipment for much heavier loads, and people were suspicious of what his intentions were. He never made it clear, just that he wanted to haul up something heavier, and now we know what that was.

I'd agree his latest creation is troubling. Another story broke yesterday from his professor at CCSU, his college. He warned him that it was a bad idea, and didn't want any part of it. The university of course is distancing themselves from this as best they can.

Will it lead to the demise of the hobby, no. Nor will multi-rotors in general, and for that matter I don't see them as the enemy of the hobby. The technology is breathing a fresh breath of air into the hobby, and bringing new members in as well. It's the users that are the problem, not the aircraft.

State and local authorities appear powerless to do much about it, but I suspect the FAA will have something to say eventually. I'm also pretty certain the guy and his father researched this. The have had multiple run-ins with the law, and the court system, and I suspect they look forward to the "fight". Get ready for a "it's my right" argument any day now.

It's not a good time to have this happen, will only create another hurdle for reasonable and responsible hobbyists to deal with.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:09 AM   #18
Porcia83

Originally Posted by birdDog View Post
lol, that roman candle one was kinda funny though...
Cannot disagree with that one bit....
Old 07-24-2015, 04:23 AM   #19
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Here ya go.........a son any father would be proud of.......

And a father who's head is up his ass.....!

http://news.yahoo.com/police-arrest-...220520292.html

The kid is most certainly responsible for his actions......he'll never take responsibility and will continue with ignorance as long as he, his parents and peers, who support his behavior, don't receive an indictment as well. Shame this will get more attention than it deserves and the whole lot will most likely get a slap on the hands.......and we wonder why.....!......if he could not have posted the $20,000.00 bail, time behind the bars would have had a greater impact.......hope his parents default on the 20K loan and the IRS finds something to hang on them for many years to come.........

AMA 928214
Old 07-24-2015, 04:48 AM   #20
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4EE7Vv_RdM

heres why fpv is in trouble,because theres a record of every stupid flight.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:29 AM   #21
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Why do people defend this guy ? The news article about his arrest .... people defending him and berating the reporter.

This latest arrest starts to show the real person. Which agrees with the character inbound with simple online search during the crazed woman incident.

So much for the 'I'm the innocent victim' routine he portrays. No doubt he has some cock and bull story about police harassment.

There are times I would love to be a judge and jury !

Nigel

Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #22
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2463321

even on RCG that was his main support group has turned away from him ....

Nigel

Old 07-24-2015, 01:20 PM   #23
Porcia83

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2463321

even on RCG that was his main support group has turned away from him ....

Nigel
Well...some of them. Not nearly as ardently as his his defenders were in the original thread. You'll always have some that will defend just to defend, mix in the "it's my right" issues, the anti police/govt sentiment lately, and the most volatile issue, guns, and it's a recipe for strong reactions.

Can only wonder what the NRA's take on this would be....
Old 07-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #24
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Admittedly not as hard as possibly should be .. but at least his support is weakened.

It is also plainly evident that he is NOT posting on RCG where he is registered and previously did post quite often.

The arrest news is definitely NOT good for his cause .. and will make many question his previous ....

Hopefully he will sink into the past and become one of life's wannabees .... with nothing to offer anymore.

Nigel

Old 07-24-2015, 01:43 PM   #25
Porcia83

or...hopefully he'll put his engineering prowess to better use. There is something to be said for his ability to put that together from a mechanical standpoint, but just why? Put a IR camera on it to help look for lost kids/adults in woods, or something more productive.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors