Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Multi-Rotors Discuss your quad copters and other multi engined choppers here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-21-2014, 07:50 PM   #1
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)
Thumbs up Inexpensive Multi-Rotor Resource Guide

Many who have ventured here at this section of the forum, have asked a number of questions related to good-cheap-beginner/intermediate level craft.....

So I'll offer up a web site resource.....

Maybe the Mod's might consider making this a sticky...........

This site is very good.......be it's heavily sponsored by BangGood and you won't find an E-Flite Blade product...(wonder why).......:

http://droneflyers.wordpress.com/

I have personally used this site to purchase a few of the very first quads I've owned, Walkera and Traxxas.

AMA 928214
Old 10-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #2
droneguy

Friends: (0)
Default Droneflyers

Thanks for the heads up I'm glad to answer any of your questions especially on RC Quadcopters suitable for beginners
For tiny Nanos the CX-10 Cheerson is the one to buy it is simply outstanding!
For Micro Size the Hubsan X4 H107C HD is my Favorite
Larger Beginner RC Quadcopters then the SymaX5C package is hard to beat

I have about 6 of the latest models on the way to me and the JJRC H8C looks a rival to the Syma. The Eachine H108C will compete directly with the Hubsan and the WLtoys V636 is an Alias look alike.

I absolutely love flying these Quadcopters

Paul
http://droneflyers.wordpress.com
Old 10-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #3
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by droneguy View Post
Thanks for the heads up I'm glad to answer any of your questions especially on RC Quadcopters suitable for beginners
For tiny Nanos the CX-10 Cheerson is the one to buy it is simply outstanding!
For Micro Size the Hubsan X4 H107C HD is my Favorite
Larger Beginner RC Quadcopters then the SymaX5C package is hard to beat

I have about 6 of the latest models on the way to me and the JJRC H8C looks a rival to the Syma. The Eachine H108C will compete directly with the Hubsan and the WLtoys V636 is an Alias look alike.

I absolutely love flying these Quadcopters

Paul
http://droneflyers.wordpress.com
Your welcome Paul......

I threw that bone out there for those who continue to search for answers related to the "inexpensive" multi-rotor arena.

I have found, through my own extensive "personal" info gathering, purchases and flight experience, your site to be very thorough and comprehensive......be it a bit "glee" biased towards the "lesser" quality craft, it certainly provides a very good overview of what the market share today, is loaded with. Especially for the enthusiasts who are reluctant to spend a bundle just getting started......!

Although, mine and many other flying buddies experiences (frustrations) with the "lesser" quality equipment, have proven over time, that there is no substitute for the "industry" accepted, proven and acknowleged manufactures like DJI, E-Flite, TBS Discovery, Spektrum, Futaba....ect., when getting started in any type of RC hobby, cost, service, flexibility and reliability will always come into play. So, the service you provide has it's "niche" value and is appreciated on this end......It helped me weed out the "junk" from the picture when I first got started, there-by establishing a decent "platform" to launch from.......and I have with the E-Flite products and Spektrum based OS's.

I'm not a serious UAV/AV/AP consumer, but I take, very serious, my investments in time and money, as well as my mentoring of future RC pilots.....and my success as a mentor is (and continues to be) based on the "quality" aspect of the equipment I recommend.......with the intention of longevity and continued (less frustration) learning pleasure.

As, I would not recommend many of the products you market, there remains a positive influence in the "niche"........attested by the thousands globally who have found entertainment and enjoyment from starting out with the "toys" first......!

Thanks for your contribution and time your passion has given us...!

AMA 928214
Old 10-22-2014, 08:24 PM   #4
droneguy

Friends: (0)

I'm pretty new to this Hobby and I really appreciate your comments. I got into flying Quadcopters because my Grandson absolutely loves Helicopters, his father is a very competent Heli Flyer(He only flys E-Flite Blade and has a top of the range Spektrum Transmitter!). Flyin' Ryan who reviews most of the Quadcopters worth reviewing raves about the Blade 200QX so it is one I should look at when I'm ready.
I've also tried flying Heli's and have my first model arriving any day. Flying inexpensive Quadcopters, crashing them and rebuilding them has been a most rewarding experience for me something I will always treasure. I love flying and sharing my experiences and I'm learning all the time. For those on a budget who wish to have some fabulous flying fun many of these inexpensive craft provide just that.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Multi-Rotors