Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-26-2014, 08:15 PM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (17)
Default anyone build a "hobbyhanger.com" kit and how was it's quality?

I'm choosing a kit to put on the table,it's a toss up between the Sig smith miniplane and a hobbyhanger ww1 bipe.

i can't find any hobby hanger build threads and theres not much in the way of pictures on their site to describe how close to scale the plane will be. any info on hobbyhanger would be greatly appreciated. thanks,stu

HOBBY HANGAR, LLC
4651Babcock Street, N.E.
Unit 18 Ste. 315
Palm Bay, FL 32905
(321) 728-0486 their site won't let me copy the picture of the RAF SE 5A. so ere's the link if anyone wants to see what i'm trying to find out about. it looks like a great bunch of builds.

Hobby Hangar… www.hobbyhangar.com/

the sig smith miniplane is a scale build ,here's a picture of it also,

Click to enlarge - Double Click to reduce

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 01-27-2014, 02:37 AM   #2
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (17)

buy button is pushed....Sig smith miniplane it is,i love the cowl with side scoops and the lower air inlet at the bottom of the cowl.i also wanted to build a scale model and the mini looks pretty much exactly like the real thing.

41 views and no comments on the hobbyhanger kits.maybe next year I'll roll the dice and see what comes in the mail. I'd still like to hear from anyone who's built a hobbyhanger plane and what they thought of the kit.

i also read several conversion threads on the miniplane and i may be feeding batteries into the front fuse via a hatch in the cockpit area. one thing i like is the many threads of the mini most builders built it pretty much straight forward as instructed. no one showed how they installed their battery though so it'll be fun to design a cockpit type hatch. grab the pilot by the head and open the hatch.

it's been a while since I've done a build thread here........,i know it won't be finished this year if i do a build thread,most like the rv4 build.started it last year in Jan and stopped building soon as it got warm enough to fly. thats the way a build should go...fly first,build whenever.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft