Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > iTrader talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
Snowdog1974

Friends: (0)
Default site for purchasing hardware items

I'm always searching for a good provider of hardware parts for small electrics. I'm happy to report that I've found a good vendor with great customer service and really great prices: www.trimcraftaviationrc.com

This site allows you to purchase only what you need, in reasonable quantities, ships quickly and with fair shipping prices. Great selection of SAE and metric sizes, most hardware is stainless steel and good quality.

Check them out for yourself!

http://www.trimcraftaviationrc.com/
Old 04-24-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Friends: (10)

Thanks for that link. The prices are insane! $.89 for (25) 2.5x8 SS socket head cap screws! That will replace all those crappy button head side frame screws on the later T-Rex 450's. By contrast RJL Fasteners where I normally shop charges $2.86 for only 12 of the same screws.

When I get home tonight I'll probably make a test order to check quality. They show to be in Wisconsin. As long as everything isn't drop shipped from China they have wicked good deals. Almost too good to be true in fact. The unusually low prices tell me the hardware is likely Chinese quality but if it's not being used in critical stress areas (helicopter etc.) then they may be OK. We'll see.

Joe

The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.....
Old 04-24-2015, 06:54 PM   #3
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Bookmarked... don't need screws now but looks like it may be a good source.
Old 04-24-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (21)

Cool. For small odds and ends I usually end up at www.Headsuprc.com

Will check out these other guys though
Old 04-25-2015, 02:14 AM   #5
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I sent a question from their website asking if items were stocked in USA or if they were drop shipped from China. Below is the response I got:

Hi Joe!

All items are stocked in Genoa City, WI. I generally ship same day if I get your order before 2PM. Thanks for asking!

Gino

Not waiting a month to get the order from China is a HUGE selling point for me. These prices are just way too good to pass up. The non rotating areas on 9 helicopters may end up getting all SS hardware. Only because it looks better than the black screws that are stock and it'll be dirt cheap to do it now.

Joe

Old 04-25-2015, 02:47 AM   #6
Snowdog1974

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Turbojoe View Post
I sent a question from their website asking if items were stocked in USA or if they were drop shipped from China. Below is the response I got:

Hi Joe!

All items are stocked in Genoa City, WI. I generally ship same day if I get your order before 2PM. Thanks for asking!

Gino

Not waiting a month to get the order from China is a HUGE selling point for me. These prices are just way too good to pass up. The non rotating areas on 9 helicopters may end up getting all SS hardware. Only because it looks better than the black screws that are stock and it'll be dirt cheap to do it now.

Joe
When I first started using these products, I called the company to find out more about them. Turns out the owner, Gino, is a really nice guy who also sells full scale aviation repair and maintenance products, and a good number of years ago decided to service the R/C community as well since it was a logical extension of his current line of products. His hardware is mostly stainless steel. Not sure where it is made. He keeps his own stock and all of my orders arrived in 2-3 days...and the shipping prices are actually fair!

Here is a clip from the About Us page on his site:

What grade are the bolts & screws
All the hardware is 18-8 stainless. That is- 18% chrome, 8% nickel. This type of material is not that hard as in, say a Grade 8 bolt, but it is the same type I have sold for 30 years to general aviation.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:42 AM   #7
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

I had a few minutes so I started thinking about sizes needed on the 250/450/500 helicopters and threw a quick list together. Should be much more than I need. 648 various sized 2/2.5/3mm screws and nuts for $29.64 shipped so I just placed the order. Pretty stoked for that price. When I feel motivated I'll go through all of the US screws I have and see what I need for re-stock.

Joe

Old 04-25-2015, 04:05 PM   #8
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

As Snowdog posted the SS screws are softer than the black oxide steel screws so are not a good choice for anything under centrifugal stress like helicopter main and tail blade grips etc. They're fine for just about everything else though. I'm so sick of having to pay a couple of bucks for 4 stinking screws just because they say Align or Associated or whatever name brand. Even LHS's rob you for generic brands! Ace hardware used to carry some smaller screws but virtually no metrics. RJL became my main supplier. It looks like I'll still have to use them for the black oxide fractional sizes. Too bad Trimcraft doesn't carry them....

Already got a notification that my order is packed with a tracking number. Looks like I'll have them fairly soon.

Joe

Old 04-29-2015, 01:03 AM   #9
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Well my order got here yesterday but I didn't check the mailbox until today. WOW! This is nice stuff. I still can't get over the price. I was going to restock all of my fractional black oxide screws with same from RJL but not after seeing this order. I'll have to make another order with Trimcraft soon to restock everything with SS instead. These guys ROCK!

Joe

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > iTrader talk