Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #1
GBLynden
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default E-Flite UMX Habu DF Micro Jet

Here is the unboxing and review of my new UMX Habu EDF Jet:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
GBLynden is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,211
Thanked 105 Times in 104 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default

Just picked mine up today am eager to give her a go maybe Friday but definitely this weekend. Obviously its going to be a bit faster than the Mig but should be just as exciting

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
GBLynden
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Just picked mine up today am eager to give her a go maybe Friday but definitely this weekend. Obviously its going to be a bit faster than the Mig but should be just as exciting
I am hoping it will be more exciting and I love my MiG!
GBLynden is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
dahawk
Super Contributor
 
dahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 3,336
View dahawk's Gallery6
Thanked 200 Times in 196 Posts
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (19)
Default

It is a little known military jet from Habunia. They were painted in bright civilian colors to fool the enemy. Of course, the pilot was shot as a spy, if he was downed and captured. LOL

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
dahawk is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,211
Thanked 105 Times in 104 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default

LOL Hawk
and I always thought Calvin and Hobbes had finally made it to real aircraft flying. Darn those Habuians

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
GBLynden
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
It is a little known military jet from Habunia. They were painted in bright civilian colors to fool the enemy. Of course, the pilot was shot as a spy, if he was downed and captured. LOL
GBLynden is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,211
Thanked 105 Times in 104 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default My Maiden Flight

Got a quick opportunity to maiden the UMX Habu. Had a blast with it. Obviously somewhat faster than Mig but both are just as exciting. I even got a change to give it a quick barrel role.
Buy the way the video is raw and unedited because I cant seem to figure out how to move movies etc from my I-phone to my computer so I had to upload it to youtube and then could not download it. Anyhow enjoy


Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
dahawk
Super Contributor
 
dahawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Keller, TX
Posts: 3,336
View dahawk's Gallery6
Thanked 200 Times in 196 Posts
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (19)
Default

+1 for Habu Nation ! That's a high pitched one. Sounds like Fire and Rescue.-LOL

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
dahawk is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,211
Thanked 105 Times in 104 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
+1 for Habu Nation ! That's a high pitched one. Sounds like Fire and Rescue.-LOL
Needs alot more MAH battery 3 mins is just now enough. but with a 20+ C rating it packs some punch while sounding like a fire and rescue

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
GBLynden
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Here is the Maiden and Review of my Habu! This is my most magical maiden to date due to the special guests that showed up to help me find my way through the sky

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
GBLynden is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger
 
Fishbonez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 2,211
Thanked 105 Times in 104 Posts
Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (17)
Default

Very Nice flying GB. Gotta love how she turns on a dime.
Tested mine today in the wind. Wind was blowing 10-15 with gust of about 20mph. Handled it well but truthfully not as well as I expected. In fact I think the Mig handles wind a tad bit better. The plane is so light the wind tends to blow it around slightly. Better be on your game or she will nose in. Overall though it did well. Coming into the wind it had a hard time this is where I think the Mig has an advantage the Mig air intake is bigger allowing more air to get to the fan. Where as the Habu the wind/air does not get into the intake as well due to it side and smaller inlets. However coming downwind she was a rocket. Tried to Dopler it but it was just to windy to get a good sound reading. Maybe next time. Overall a fun plane

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Fishbonez is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
GBLynden
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Very Nice flying GB. Gotta love how she turns on a dime.
Tested mine today in the wind. Wind was blowing 10-15 with gust of about 20mph. Handled it well but truthfully not as well as I expected. In fact I think the Mig handles wind a tad bit better. The plane is so light the wind tends to blow it around slightly. Better be on your game or she will nose in. Overall though it did well. Coming into the wind it had a hard time this is where I think the Mig has an advantage the Mig air intake is bigger allowing more air to get to the fan. Where as the Habu the wind/air does not get into the intake as well due to it side and smaller inlets. However coming downwind she was a rocket. Tried to Dopler it but it was just to windy to get a good sound reading. Maybe next time. Overall a fun plane
Both are great jets for sure. I am glad I picked up a second MiG for only $80.....crazy!

I don't fly my planes (most of the time) in winds over 10-15, so the Habu gets the nod from me as the clear winner. The MiG is fun and does have personality, so it certainly is not going to be left at home very often. They are a great team!
GBLynden is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #13
GBLynden
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Here is footage of my UMX Habu after I repaired it from a big crash that I thought killed it. There are missing pieces and the nose had to be glued back on, but it flies really well, though it isn't quite as solid in the air as it was before I crashed it upside down on pavement.

Look at the nose, rudder, and both wingtips to survey the damage.

Enjoy!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
GBLynden is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #14
barry777
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 21
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Here is the unboxing and review of my new UMX Habu EDF Jet:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
This little Electric Ducted Fan flies like a speed demon. It's a bit louder than most other UMX electric BNF planes, but it is also more powerful and much faster. I'm amazed with the quality of airplane, I have a large backyard and a grass runway that has been plenty big for all my other UMX planes, but it takes practice to slow the Habu down to a reasonable landing speed.anyway thanks for sharing .......
barry777 is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #15
GBLynden
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 276
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
iTrader: (0)
Friends: (0)
Default

Originally Posted by barry777 View Post
This little Electric Ducted Fan flies like a speed demon. It's a bit louder than most other UMX electric BNF planes, but it is also more powerful and much faster. I'm amazed with the quality of airplane, I have a large backyard and a grass runway that has been plenty big for all my other UMX planes, but it takes practice to slow the Habu down to a reasonable landing speed.anyway thanks for sharing .......
Thank you for commenting and I agree about the needing more space. I haven't been able to fly much of anything for a while except my Corsair a few times lately due to my job(s) and the weather.

I snuck in a couple quick flights as the sun was going down recently and here is the video that resulted......my landings or lack of greasing them highlight how much space it takes and how rusty I am. Practice season is ahead though!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
GBLynden is offline  
  Reply With Quote
Reply

  WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets

« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
E-flite UMX MiG 15 Ducted Fan Jet Fishbonez Electric Ducted Fan Jets 128 09-08-2013 04:00 AM
ELERC Micro A-10 Warthog 30mm EDF Beta Test Joe 1320 Electric Ducted Fan Jets 13 02-02-2012 01:15 PM
UMX Beast vs Micro t-28 mitrocus General Electric Discussions 5 12-23-2011 08:07 PM
EasySky 2.4G 4ch Micro Super Piper Cub J3 EasySky ParkFlyers 8 11-26-2011 05:47 AM
Flite Test Videos: Appreciation Thread FlyingMonkey Off Topic Chit Chat 66 04-04-2011 04:58 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 WattfFlyer.com
RCU Eflight HQ

Charities we support Select: Yorkie Rescue  ::  Crohn's & Colitis Foundation



Page generated in 0.27032 seconds with 50 queries