Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Electric Ducted Fan Jets Discuss electric ducted fan jets here including setup tips, power systems, flying techniques, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-30-2013, 04:21 AM   #1
GBLynden

Friends: (0)
Default E-Flite UMX Habu DF Micro Jet

Here is the unboxing and review of my new UMX Habu EDF Jet:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

Just picked mine up today am eager to give her a go maybe Friday but definitely this weekend. Obviously its going to be a bit faster than the Mig but should be just as exciting

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
GBLynden

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Just picked mine up today am eager to give her a go maybe Friday but definitely this weekend. Obviously its going to be a bit faster than the Mig but should be just as exciting
I am hoping it will be more exciting and I love my MiG!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #4
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

It is a little known military jet from Habunia. They were painted in bright civilian colors to fool the enemy. Of course, the pilot was shot as a spy, if he was downed and captured. LOL

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 08-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

LOL Hawk
and I always thought Calvin and Hobbes had finally made it to real aircraft flying. Darn those Habuians

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
GBLynden

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
It is a little known military jet from Habunia. They were painted in bright civilian colors to fool the enemy. Of course, the pilot was shot as a spy, if he was downed and captured. LOL
Old 08-30-2013, 10:27 PM   #7
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Default My Maiden Flight

Got a quick opportunity to maiden the UMX Habu. Had a blast with it. Obviously somewhat faster than Mig but both are just as exciting. I even got a change to give it a quick barrel role.
Buy the way the video is raw and unedited because I cant seem to figure out how to move movies etc from my I-phone to my computer so I had to upload it to youtube and then could not download it. Anyhow enjoy

Old 08-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #8
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

+1 for Habu Nation ! That's a high pitched one. Sounds like Fire and Rescue.-LOL

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 08-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #9
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
+1 for Habu Nation ! That's a high pitched one. Sounds like Fire and Rescue.-LOL
Needs alot more MAH battery 3 mins is just now enough. but with a 20+ C rating it packs some punch while sounding like a fire and rescue

Old 08-31-2013, 07:24 AM   #10
GBLynden

Here is the Maiden and Review of my Habu! This is my most magical maiden to date due to the special guests that showed up to help me find my way through the sky

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #11
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Very Nice flying GB. Gotta love how she turns on a dime.
Tested mine today in the wind. Wind was blowing 10-15 with gust of about 20mph. Handled it well but truthfully not as well as I expected. In fact I think the Mig handles wind a tad bit better. The plane is so light the wind tends to blow it around slightly. Better be on your game or she will nose in. Overall though it did well. Coming into the wind it had a hard time this is where I think the Mig has an advantage the Mig air intake is bigger allowing more air to get to the fan. Where as the Habu the wind/air does not get into the intake as well due to it side and smaller inlets. However coming downwind she was a rocket. Tried to Dopler it but it was just to windy to get a good sound reading. Maybe next time. Overall a fun plane

Old 08-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #12
GBLynden

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Very Nice flying GB. Gotta love how she turns on a dime.
Tested mine today in the wind. Wind was blowing 10-15 with gust of about 20mph. Handled it well but truthfully not as well as I expected. In fact I think the Mig handles wind a tad bit better. The plane is so light the wind tends to blow it around slightly. Better be on your game or she will nose in. Overall though it did well. Coming into the wind it had a hard time this is where I think the Mig has an advantage the Mig air intake is bigger allowing more air to get to the fan. Where as the Habu the wind/air does not get into the intake as well due to it side and smaller inlets. However coming downwind she was a rocket. Tried to Dopler it but it was just to windy to get a good sound reading. Maybe next time. Overall a fun plane
Both are great jets for sure. I am glad I picked up a second MiG for only $80.....crazy!

I don't fly my planes (most of the time) in winds over 10-15, so the Habu gets the nod from me as the clear winner. The MiG is fun and does have personality, so it certainly is not going to be left at home very often. They are a great team!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:34 AM   #13
GBLynden

Here is footage of my UMX Habu after I repaired it from a big crash that I thought killed it. There are missing pieces and the nose had to be glued back on, but it flies really well, though it isn't quite as solid in the air as it was before I crashed it upside down on pavement.

Look at the nose, rudder, and both wingtips to survey the damage.

Enjoy!

YouTube Video
Old 01-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #14
barry777

Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
Here is the unboxing and review of my new UMX Habu EDF Jet:

YouTube Video
This little Electric Ducted Fan flies like a speed demon. It's a bit louder than most other UMX electric BNF planes, but it is also more powerful and much faster. I'm amazed with the quality of airplane, I have a large backyard and a grass runway that has been plenty big for all my other UMX planes, but it takes practice to slow the Habu down to a reasonable landing speed.anyway thanks for sharing .......
Old 02-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #15
GBLynden

Originally Posted by barry777 View Post
This little Electric Ducted Fan flies like a speed demon. It's a bit louder than most other UMX electric BNF planes, but it is also more powerful and much faster. I'm amazed with the quality of airplane, I have a large backyard and a grass runway that has been plenty big for all my other UMX planes, but it takes practice to slow the Habu down to a reasonable landing speed.anyway thanks for sharing .......
Thank you for commenting and I agree about the needing more space. I haven't been able to fly much of anything for a while except my Corsair a few times lately due to my job(s) and the weather.

I snuck in a couple quick flights as the sun was going down recently and here is the video that resulted......my landings or lack of greasing them highlight how much space it takes and how rusty I am. Practice season is ahead though!

YouTube Video

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Electric Ducted Fan Jets