Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-26-2014, 02:42 AM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)
Default question: optima 6 channel ,4servos &rx batt issue.

hey gang,i have a optima 6 channel rx in the rv-4 and am using 2 servos on the ailerons,1 for rudder,1 for elevator and an rx 6volt battery with an opto esc.

heres what i'v spent the last hr researching and still haven't got the answer yet.

channel 1 is the right aileron,ch 2 elevator,ch3 esc opto,ch 4 rudder,ch 6 is the left aileron. so my question is if it's ok to plug the rx 6volt battery into the empty channel 5 spot?.

channel 6 is marked as battery/aileron and i don't see where i program my eclipes 7 2.4 tx to switch channel positions so the left aileron would be in channels 5's position and the battery would be where it's marked on channel 6.

will the rx battery be ok in the 5th channel spot? with it plugged in there everything is working but i want to be sure it's not a problem. worst case,i buy another optima 7 channel.

i'm not using the spc spot as i need to power the servos and the rx via the nimh 6 v battery.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 01-26-2014, 03:58 AM   #2
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

I have ran a bec on an open channel before rather then the bind/battery slot and haven't had any problem, but this was on spectrum.

slow stock prop reversal. it flies! easily! 543 watt dual motor bipe slow stick. push-me-pull-you. 242 watt 3 channel slow stick. 365 watt mini ultra stick. 415 watt mini contender. 810 watt ultra stick .25e. 220 watt alpha 450 sport (retired).
Old 01-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #3
Rodneh

Club: Moonport Modelers
Friends: (0)

Yes, okay, the power and ground pins are common on all the receiver connectors on most receivers. This lets you plug the power source into any unused channel.
Old 02-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #4
A.T.

Club: To many to include.
Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
hey gang,i have a optima 6 channel rx in the rv-4 and am using 2 servos on the ailerons,1 for rudder,1 for elevator and an rx 6volt battery with an opto esc.
heres what i'v spent the last hr researching and still haven't got the answer yet.
channel 1 is the right aileron,ch 2 elevator,ch3 esc opto,ch 4 rudder,ch 6 is the left aileron. so my question is if it's ok to plug the rx 6volt battery into the empty channel 5 spot?
channel 6 is marked as battery/aileron and i don't see where i program my eclipes 7 2.4 tx to switch channel positions so the left aileron would be in channels 5's position and the battery would be where it's marked on channel 6.
will the rx battery be ok in the 5th channel spot? with it plugged in there everything is working but i want to be sure it's not a problem. worst case,i buy another optima 7 channel.
i'm not using the spc spot as i need to power the servos and the rx via the nimh 6 v battery.
It does not matter which channel you have the power plugged into,
in fact you can power each servo separately via a "Y" lead, please refer to:

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed - Avoid Brownout & Add Redundancy, even one for each servo.

These links will also assist:
. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #1 - caution re NiMH & Alert re LiFE.

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #2 - caution re NiMH.

With much more assistance under the Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
AFHSS 2.4Ghz Module, Transceivers Receivers Telemetry,
- FAQ, Setups & Tips

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 02-01-2014, 10:28 PM   #5
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

Yep... you can plug power in any channel or Y it with any servo.
Works for all RXs.

Except on the special high power input RXs by Spektrum... those you have to use the heavy gauge power leads or the RX won't work.
There may be other high power buss RXs that also require the power to come in through a specific port.
Old 02-02-2014, 01:12 PM   #6
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

thanks gang for all the answers to put my mind at ease with the rv4-40's hookup. I've had bad issues in the past with this build,warped wings,bad cheap equipment,brown out..ect..ect,and couldn't let it defeat my having a successful build and flying bird.

thats why i installed good equipment and questioned its wiring. now i can relax while waiting for snow to melt. also not buy anymore rx's.

i had search for answerers and you all verified and supplied them,so thank buttons hit for all. thanks again,stu

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros