Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Hi-Performance and Sailplanes RC hotliners, electric pylon racers, F5B, F5D, sailplanes and gliders

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-12-2015, 11:30 PM   #1
Swiss Flyer
In the clouds

Friends: (0)
Default Alternative to the AXN Floater Jet

Hi All,

I'm looking for a replacement for my Floater jet. Basically a fast, aerobatic powered glider with 4 channels and a sub 1.2M wingspan. Unlike the FJ I want something a lot quieter because it sounded like an angry bee in flight.

I have a Radian Pro but I like to fly that gently and focus on longer, unpowered flying. This would be my all purpose fun flyer when I just want to let off steam

Cheers
Old 06-13-2015, 01:17 AM   #2
Wrongway-Feldman

Friends: (5)

Are you looking for the same general style as the floater jet?
If you are then you'll have to live with some noise. It's inherent in the pod pusher design. Pushers just tend to be noisy.
If not then there are a number of choices but the glide/sport combo of the floater jet is hard to beat.
You might want to look at a warm liner. Many will glide nicely and can definitely get speedy.
It also depends on your skill level and your budget.

--------------------------------------------------------
This is a fact, you have never been in an empty room.
Old 06-13-2015, 06:20 PM   #3
Swiss Flyer
In the clouds

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Wrongway-Feldman View Post
Are you looking for the same general style as the floater jet?
If you are then you'll have to live with some noise. It's inherent in the pod pusher design. Pushers just tend to be noisy.
If not then there are a number of choices but the glide/sport combo of the floater jet is hard to beat.
You might want to look at a warm liner. Many will glide nicely and can definitely get speedy.
It also depends on your skill level and your budget.
Thanks for that. I know the AXN FJ is a hard package to beat, its just that I had a very bad experience with my previous one and the appalling customer service from HobbyKing so won't be giving them any more of my custom.

I guess it doesn't have to be a pusher, a foldable prop would also do. I just want it to be strong enough to withstand some reasonable aerobatics, but also light enough to glide when I want to take it easy. At the moment I'm mostly flying my Apprentice, ArtiZan or Radian, so this should be the middle ground. Budget wise I was thinking around $150 PNF, and in terms of skill level I am fairly intermediate.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #4
Porcia83

Friends: (4)

l'd recommend the Bixler...but guess who sells it? All the versions are great, but all from the same company.

Here is another, a really great plane overall:

http://www.motionrc.com/dynam-hawk-s...ceted_search=0

Banana Hobby also makes a Skysurfer. I've had a few of those too, very nice overall.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Hi-Performance and Sailplanes