Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-03-2014, 04:01 AM   #1
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (18)
Default Model Airplane Power Systems

Many of our electric models use electric power systems all ready installed. For flying the model, it's a simple matter of picking up a suitable battery pack, finish the radio stuff, and go fly.

Then there are those larger models, where the modeler has to select an electric power system that will perform as well as the same model with gas or glow engine power.

In this regard, I searched through a real stack of model magazines, looking for test reports or data on the power systems, consisting of Glow Engines, Gas Engines, or Electric motors. This information was tabulated in a Microsoft Access database, with the fields "Motor Mfg", Motor Model", "Type", "Prop Diameter'", "Prop Pitch", "Prop RPM", and "Watts".

Using the Access Database, reports were created with the information sorted by "Motor Mfg", "Type", and "Watts". (Type is electric, gas or glow")

For those wattflyers that are familiar with engine power, and are looking to convert some of those larger models to electric power, these reports may be useful.

FYI, a few of the electric power system power outputs were derived from www.motocalc.com, as my electric collection does not have any 10 KW motors.

Some of those glow engines output power was a bit surprising. Check out the Saito FA200 three cylinder engine. That $$$$ engine has quite a bit less power than my Hacker A60-16M motor.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Model Power Sort by Motor Mfg_Motor Model_Prop Diameter.pdf (226.4 KB, 34 views)
File Type: pdf Model Power Sorty by Type_Watts.pdf (226.9 KB, 23 views)
File Type: pdf Model Power Sort by Watts.pdf (227.2 KB, 23 views)

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems