Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Support & Testing > Support & Suggestions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Support & Suggestions If you need tech support post your question here or site suggestions too.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-09-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
Gyrfalcon

Friends: (0)
Default Hex Help

Hi everyone I hope you can help, I have bought a ready Made Hexcopter with a Ardupilot and AR6200 receiver. I then purchased a DX6I Transmitter. I am a complete novice and have never used any RC before, Im pleased with myself because I have managed to bind the Radio, download the flight planner and get the motors running. Here is my problem, when I tried the transmitter on the screen everything looks as it should except when I flick any of the switches nothing happens on any of the Green bars. I just want a basic function of if im in trouble when flying I can flick a switch and the hex will Loiter, what have I not done right?
Thanks in advance
Old 02-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #2
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (14)

good morning falcon and welcome to watt flyer!

wow! that is a huge question and the sequence's of programing can be daunting task to even the experienced ,and more so to the beginner. someone here will talk you through it,but my humble advise is you seek out someone in your area to help explain the many benefits of a comp TX.

i haven't go a clue about dxi6's and just wanted to welcome you here to wattflyer this beautiful Sunday morning.stu

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 02-09-2014, 03:24 PM   #3
Flubber

View Flubber's Gallery8
Club: DE R/C, SKSS

On the DX6i the gear and aux channels need to be connected to the flight controller (ardupilot) for the signal to get to controller. So you should have at least six connections from the receiver to the flight controller. If you have six connections then the gear and aux channel are not connected to the correct input on the controller. Also check in the radio that those channels are not inhibited.

I hope that helps Terry

Terry

Flying is like ... ah well ... I can not think of anything it is like...
Old 02-09-2014, 04:59 PM   #4
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (2)

Here are a few links that deal with the Dx6i and Ardupilot:

http://code.google.com/p/ardupilot/wiki/TransmitterDX6i

http://ardupilot-mega.googlecode.com.../APMModes.wiki

http://diydrones.com/group/arducopte...Group%3A394475

http://www.multirotorforums.com/show...-channel-radio

The Ardupilot web site seems to have been modified and does not provide service for all Spektrum TX's as it once had......hate to say it, but you couldn't have picked a more complicated system to work with since it has been up-dated several times and requires firmware samples to effectively handle Spektrum TX's........I had a buddy who tried this system last summmer.......he has since moved on to Naza.

AMA 928214
Old 02-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #5
Gyrfalcon

Default help

Thanks for such quick replys, I have realised only the input side of Ardupilot to number 5 is filled so I should have another wire? On the receiver I have one port free, it says Aux1 do I put wire here?
Thanks Guys
Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #6
Gyrfalcon

Default help

I thought I would explain what I want to do with the Hex, I want to use it to train Falcons, I tie a pair of Pigeon wings on a release clip 20 feet below the Hex, I want the Hex to fly max 100yards out from me to a max of 500 feet and hold its position. I would like to flip a switch to make it hold its position, I would also like to flip another switch and it return to launch.
Is that possible? or am I expecting to much from it?
Is there people who can program it for me for a fee? Im between Southampton and Salisbury, is there anyone in my area?
Old 02-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #7
Flubber

View Flubber's Gallery8

All of that is within the programing, but there is a steep learning curve. With the Naza lite system instead of the APM you could do all of this with just basic set up software.

Fly to the spot let go of the sticks and it will hold position. Flip a switch to engage failsafe and it will fly home. Still some learning but much easier in my opinion. I have four NAZA machines and one that uses the mission planner like yours.

Terry

Old 02-09-2014, 05:39 PM   #8
Gyrfalcon

Default help

Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
All of that is within the programing, but there is a steep learning curve. With the Naza lite system instead of the APM you could do all of this with just basic set up software.

Fly to the spot let go of the sticks and it will hold position. Flip a switch to engage failsafe and it will fly home. Still some learning but much easier in my opinion. I have four NAZA machines and one that uses the mission planner like yours.
What parts would I have to replace to use the Nazza lite system? is it expensive?
Old 02-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #9
Flubber

View Flubber's Gallery8

The system includes a flight controller, gps/compass unit and BEC. here is a link http://www.dji.com/product/naza-m-lite/

I have paid between one sixty and two hundred dollars for the complete system. it replaces the ardupilot.

Terry

Old 02-09-2014, 07:11 PM   #10
Gyrfalcon

Default help

Originally Posted by Flubber View Post
The system includes a flight controller, gps/compass unit and BEC. here is a link

I have paid between one sixty and two hundred dollars for the complete system. it replaces the ardupilot.
Im now wondering if I should just put it on e-bay and then buy a Phantom!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Support & Testing > Support & Suggestions