Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Aerial Photography Discuss all aerial photography topics as they relate to rc aircraft

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 PM   #1
coupe1942
coupe1942

View coupe1942's Gallery15
Friends: (0)
Default Mobius and key chain camera diy mounts

I like my Mobius much better than my two 808 key chain cameras, but the one draw back is that the Mobius is twice the weight of the key chain cameras. I am working on various diy camera mounts during the same time I am building my Cub. None of the mounts have actually been tested on it just yet, so I can't swear as to how well they work or not and how much they will effect the flight characteristics of the plane. The Cub is a trainer, so it probably has a lot of flex in how things effect it, but one never knows.

Any rate, all of the mounts would work equally well with the Mobius or the key chain cameras. Here is one of my flickr sets to show some photos of the mounts in case someone else wants to try making some and test. Personally, I believe the foam and tube mount show in the later photos will work best and have other mount locations to boot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7635023215356/

Here are some Mobius mounts in addition to the above link photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/a1930fo...7635701860576/

A bird is just a bird and a cat is just a cat, but a dog is HUMAN...
Old 01-05-2014, 04:46 PM   #2
frankinfremont

View frankinfremont's Gallery1
Friends: (0)

Obviously you have put a lot of thought and imagination in to mounting your Mobius and some good ideas are shown. I mount my Mobius and Key Chain cams on my sailplane with just velcro tape and haven't lost one yet. But then again they are not subjected to any form of aerobatic flight, just a simple climbout to 500 ft or so looking for thermals then just lazing around in circles or figure eights. I mount one on the trailing edge of the wing angled away from the fuselage slightly to keep the tail out of the video and one on the wing facing forward angled away from the fuse to keep the prop out of the picture. I have even mounted one out near the wingtip facing back to the cockpit. None of these mount positions cause any major CG shift that can't be corrected by moving the lipo fore or aft to compensate. A little rudder trim corrects for the asymmetrical drag when mounted on the wing.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Aerial Photography