Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Beemerider

Club: Augusta County RC Club
Friends: (1)
Default Model King Coaxial Heli

I picked up this little coaxial heli for one of my grandsons (I have three) and being the good grandpa that I am I knew I just had to check the machine out for quality and proper operation prior to letting my grandson take possession.

It's a good thing I looked it over first as the nice case it came in was a bit of a challenge. It was well packed and really looks pretty nice, not one of those soft, thin cardboard boxes that crushes if you look at it the wrong way. It's a nice clear plastic case that holds the heli and it's infrared remote. The case has two latches on it's front and the heli is secured inside. I had to remove two small Phillips screws on the bottom to release the heli. I came close to breaking the model's landing gear before I realized it was held by screws. Not the best design I think. There should have been a small label directing you to remove the two screws to facilitate removing the model.

The rest came pretty easily and I really didn't need to refer to the very sparse instructions. You can charge the heli with the remote's built in charging cable or you can use the included USB cable. The computer style USB has a led that is illuminated while charging and then goes out when the charge is complete. There is no such indicator when charging with the remote (which uses six AA's). An extra tail rotor prop is also included.

Flying was pretty much as I expected. It flies pretty well in the living room, is fairly stable in a hover after you develop a steady hand on the sticks. I got about 3-5 minutes of flying time between charges. The two color led's in the nose add a tad of realism and would make some outdoor late evening flying a lot of fun (after this winter is over!). I guess I'll have to order a few of these for the boys (Grandpa has to keep the first one for long term quality evaluation testing).

http://www.tmart.com/3.5-Channel-Inf...k_p136568.html

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.17.14 159.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	173612   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.17.14 160.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	173613   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.17.14 164.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	173614   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.17.14 165.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	173615   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.17.14 172.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	173616  

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.17.14 171.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	173617   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.17.14 173.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	121.0 KB
ID:	173618  

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters