Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Special Interest Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Special Interest Aircraft This is the place to discuss those unusual Electric aircraft. Ornothopters, RC Hang gliders, Parasails, Hydroplanes. Blimps, Airships, Gyro-copters, Hovercrafts, and anything else that I forgot.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)
Cool Snelflight Quad Pod

Hi
This new one looks fantastic
http://www.snelflight.co.uk/QuadPod.htm
Take care
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 12-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #2
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (17)

cool one hank,i how fast it is.

quote from a peeping tom:
"you'd have to get up pretty early in the morning to catch me peeping through your window with a quadcopter"...lol....

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 12-28-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
Rockin Robbins
Super Contributor

Friends: (8)

Wow! Great videos on the site too. This is a great quadcopter. Wonder if they sell to the other side of the pond?
Old 02-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #4
Llamedos

Friends: (0)

Any quad experts out there........my brother has just built one of these fantastic little machines but the problem is severe anti clockwise yaw on take off , followed by tipping over. Additionally in a hand hold test A/C yaw severely kicks in after about half stick....no movement at all with the first half stick movement and Anti clockwise stick produces no anti clockwise yaw at all......reversing the yaw channel causes the problem to reverse.......anyone any ideas
Old 01-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #5
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Default Quad issues.

Something very basic is wrong and it is likely to be with the relationship of the transmitter and the flight controller. You have not said anything about either. My suspicion is that you did not set your transmitter memory to a default and that the Flight controller is getting some old (and unwanted) mixes. That is very possible if the transmitter was previously set up for a Helicopter with Rev Mixing.

I am further guessing this is a Multi Wii type flight controller running an Arduino programme.

With those open forum type controllers the neutral settings of the transmitter are seriously critical and you may need to find someone near you to show you how to line it all up. Most transmitters nowadays are matched at the factory with all controls somewhere near the 1080 to 1920 millisecond range with neutral at 1500. That sounds a bit pedantic but the transmitter and the controller have to agree on what is neutral. And the end points need to be set broadly enough to permit arming and dis-arming.

Once one of these things is set up, the trims are almost redundant but you have to reset if you change the model memory page.

Hope this helps a bit. You really need to meet someone who can talk you through this with all the gear on a nice clear bench.

Best wishes.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #6
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (8)

Birdman, did you catch the date of the post you responded to? Almost 2 years old! I think he's moved on.
Old 01-16-2014, 09:36 AM   #7
Birdmanpete
Birdmanpete

Aaaaaah !!!! You are so right. I saw that but too late. Still, on the bright side I guess there are lots of others who might be discovering the same problem.

That's life. Birdmanpete.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Special Interest Aircraft