Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #1
Bill Gibson

Friends: (1)
Default PZ UM P-40 maiden...!

Beautiful morning. ZERO winds! Pulled out the P-40, checked the controls, and set it on a table i use for a runway...took 3 tries to get it airborne, when i did, it felt very mushy, just kinda floppin all over the place...so i brought 'er in and made some adjustments, trim, throws, etc, and it got much better! Its not a bad little plane....i just have to remember that it aint no Pole Cat, Sukhoi, or Beast!! A little more power would be nice, but all in all its a fun plane! I did have an audience...several San Hill Cranes (Big Birds) decided to stand next to me and watched the show! Also had some seagulls follow my t-28 in formation!!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB&MM 017.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	170530
Old 05-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #2
GBLynden

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Bill Gibson View Post
Beautiful morning. ZERO winds! Pulled out the P-40, checked the controls, and set it on a table i use for a runway...took 3 tries to get it airborne, when i did, it felt very mushy, just kinda floppin all over the place...so i brought 'er in and made some adjustments, trim, throws, etc, and it got much better! Its not a bad little plane....i just have to remember that it aint no Pole Cat, Sukhoi, or Beast!! A little more power would be nice, but all in all its a fun plane! I did have an audience...several San Hill Cranes (Big Birds) decided to stand next to me and watched the show! Also had some seagulls follow my t-28 in formation!!
That sounds like fun!

I got to see my buddy fly his the other night and it was quite the show. It included a crash after he put it through its paces. I am glad I caught it all on video!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:06 PM   #3
Bill Gibson

Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
That sounds like fun!

I got to see my buddy fly his the other night and it was quite the show. It included a crash after he put it through its paces. I am glad I caught it all on video!

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Great video GBL! Hope it didnt get hurt too bad! I took mine out the other day and did some more tweakin, and its gettin better every time.....its really a fun plane!
Old 05-12-2014, 08:32 PM   #4
OptimaZe

Very cool video. Those cranes are hilarious too. We have some that come into our backyard daily and will walk right up to the door wall until they get your attention to give them a snack. They love crackers. Some times they will take them right out of our hands.
Old 05-16-2014, 07:27 AM   #5
GBLynden

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Bill Gibson View Post
Great video GBL! Hope it didnt get hurt too bad! I took mine out the other day and did some more tweakin, and its gettin better every time.....its really a fun plane!
Originally Posted by OptimaZe View Post
Very cool video. Those cranes are hilarious too. We have some that come into our backyard daily and will walk right up to the door wall until they get your attention to give them a snack. They love crackers. Some times they will take them right out of our hands.
Thank guys and I too have lots of birds that love my planes (some hate them too, however).

Those cranes look pretty dang cool though!

GB

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes