Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
OptimaZe

Friends: (1)
Default Flyzone S.E5a Finally Sees The Sky!

Howdy all. New here and thought I'd share a lil.

This past Sunday it was finally calm enough in the morning to get in a few flights with my S.E.5a. Here's a look at her next to a Cessna 180 I've been building (currently moved to the back burner for a Tiger Moth build)

Only had my cell for my girl to get pics with so not the best in flight photos but better than nothing.

And a couple pics of bringing her in from her maiden flight. What a great flying little plane.

Old 05-07-2014, 06:48 PM   #2
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Friends: (4)

Too bad you didn't get that 3 pic in high resolution, really looks like a pic taken in the sky of a really plane.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
OptimaZe

I was so bummed when I realized that we didn't have either of our cameras with us. Next time I get out to fly I will not forget the camera at home.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:51 PM   #4
propnut48

Club: Never joined one as of yet
Send a message via Skype™ to propnut48
Friends: (2)

I also have this plane and i love it. I wore the rudder servo out so i had to do some surgery on the install a sub-micro in it. had to use the aileron slot and set up my TTX650 so that the aileron ch would move the rudder. Very easy though. I also have the T-moth, Cub and the DR-1. The cub has been Frankenstein-ed as the rx/sx board went out and the motor smoked. I installed a micro-rx and a brushed 120 motor from a power mirror and now it will flat spin all day long. The se-5a was the first plane i ever built 40 yrs ago as a u-control. Some how it got lost in a move 5 yrs later. Oh well, life goes on. Working on the Parkzone one now . Looks really good.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
OptimaZe

Originally Posted by propnut48 View Post
I also have this plane and i love it. I wore the rudder servo out so i had to do some surgery on the install a sub-micro in it. had to use the aileron slot and set up my TTX650 so that the aileron ch would move the rudder. Very easy though. I also have the T-moth, Cub and the DR-1. The cub has been Frankenstein-ed as the rx/sx board went out and the motor smoked. I installed a micro-rx and a brushed 120 motor from a power mirror and now it will flat spin all day long. The se-5a was the first plane i ever built 40 yrs ago as a u-control. Some how it got lost in a move 5 yrs later. Oh well, life goes on. Working on the Parkzone one now . Looks really good.

It is a great looking and nice flying little plane, that's perfect for limited space The S.E.5a has long been probably my favorite airplane in history. There is just something about it.

I have been eyeballing the Parkzone model and will more than likely be picking one up myself next month. That plane looks fantastic! A Guillows free flight S.E.5a kit is also sitting in wait to be built as a static display very soon too.

Just getting back into planes after taking about 6 years off, and mainly running trucks and boats. There are some nice looking models out there right now and the micros have really come a long way, and at very reasonable prices. Dare I say almost down right cheap? And at these prices I can see myself having a whole new collection of planes in the very near future lol. Oh boy what have I gotten myself back into?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes