Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-19-2014, 01:45 AM   #1
Bill Gibson

Friends: (1)
Default E-Flite 280 P-51!

Did the maiden Saturday, it was kinda wallowing all over the sky, nose pitching up bad! Took it home, moved the battery pack forward 1/2", tweaked and checked a couple of other things......took it out Sunday morning, and.........BAM! This thing is FAST! Handles GREAT! Goes vertical with NO PROBLEM! If I had the money, id get another one of these lil beauties!
Old 01-02-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
kanobee71

Friends: (0)

I had the exact same issue!! wish I'd read it here first. Went home got the wiring out of the way so I could get the battery further forward and ta-da!! no more fighting to keep it going.. glad I didn't hurt the bird trying to get this sorted.
Old 01-02-2015, 12:16 PM   #3
Bill Gibson

Originally Posted by kanobee71 View Post
I had the exact same issue!! wish I'd read it here first. Went home got the wiring out of the way so I could get the battery further forward and ta-da!! no more fighting to keep it going.. glad I didn't hurt the bird trying to get this sorted.
The fit for the battery is pretty tight, and I wish they would have made the lead from the ESC to the battery about a 1/2 inch longer, but I manage! Its a FAST little airplane, isn't it! Don't know if you have done this to yours yet, but its a good idea to lay in a little 'glass or carbon rod in the fuselage along the leading edge of the wing....ive heard that some people have snapped the nose off the fuse from the leading edge of the wing forward just from a hard landing! If you look at the fuse, theres no doubt its a weak point! I glassed mine before I ever flew it, and its been just a GREAT lil plane!
Old 01-02-2015, 05:20 PM   #4
kanobee71

I haven't reinforced mine but I did switch out the prop to a APC 6x4 and can't wait to test it out... yes it's a fast and responsive lil plane for sure!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:34 AM   #5
Bill Gibson

Smile

Originally Posted by kanobee71 View Post
I haven't reinforced mine but I did switch out the prop to a APC 6x4 and can't wait to test it out... yes it's a fast and responsive lil plane for sure!
Hey! If you don't mind, let me know how she flys with the 6X4!!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:50 AM   #6
kanobee71

will do Bill, I'm gonna give the 6x4 a try first and also bringing a couple others to try out as well. so far just testing it out in the garage, its seems to put out some nice thrust compared to the stock prop..
Old 01-12-2015, 02:41 AM   #7
kanobee71

Originally Posted by Bill Gibson View Post
Hey! If you don't mind, let me know how she flys with the 6X4!!
well flew it several times with the 6x4 and I love it! took some balancing though. The spinner was driving me nuts with vibration got finally got it 99% dialed and it seems snappier than the stock prop for sure

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics