Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-11-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
northernflyer

Friends: (0)
Default parkzone trojan t-28 dx7 setups??? Plz Help

hey guys, i am new to the forums and flying. I just picked up a Parkzone Trojan t-28 and i want to set it up to my dx7. i have everything ready to go (plane bound to radio) but i would like to know if some one has a setup for it. i am trying to setup aileron,rudder,elevator and don't know what i should set my values at.. can anyone post what they're setup is? I must add that i have flown this plane a few times and have had a decent time with it, but was wondering if my travel adjustments for my servos are ok or should i advance them a little.

travel adjustments-

throttle:
150% H
150% L

elevator:
130% D
130% U

Aileron:
100% L
100% R

Rudder:
115% L
115% R

DR & Expo:
Aileron :
LOW
Expo 28%
D/R 35%
HIGH
Expo 35%
D/R 50%

Elevator:
LOW
Expo: 25%
D/R 25%
HIGH
Expo 35%
D/R 50%

Rudder:
LOW
Expo: 25%
D/R : 35%
HIGH
Expo: 35%
D/R : 60%

any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #2
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

I don't use the DX7.....but the settings on the DX6i are similar.....:

When I first was getting used to the Trojan, I set all of the mechanical surface throws to their slowest positions.....and only adjusted the D/R & Expo to:

Switch Pos - 0
AILE - 60% INH
ELEV - 60% INH
RUDD - 71% -84%

Elevator Switch pos -1
AILE - 60%
ELEV 1 - 44%
RUDD - 71%

Ail D/R switch pos -1
AILE 1 - 50%
ELEV -60%
RUDD - 71%

RUDD D/R swich pos -1
AILE 60%
ELEV 60%
RUDD 1 - 100%

Now that I have got lots of hours on the Trojan.....I've set the mechanical surface throws to mid settings and all TX adjustments set at 100%.........she still flies very managable and much more responsive. Just what I'd expect from the PZ T-28.......

AMA 928214
Old 03-11-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
northernflyer

hey Pizzano, thanks for the quick reply. you must have your switches set up individual for d/r? mine are all setup on one switch. ive never had a radio like this before so i feel it is easier for me. do you have any suggestions as far as that goes? i have about 15 flights on the t-28, and it flies really well. ive only flown one other plane in my life and it didn't end too well. someone told me i should try the trojan t-28and well, it is really easy to fly i find. I have had a few mishaps, but only because i was taking things too fast and started looping and rolling to low to the ground, so i backed off and started flyng nice and easy. Now im practicing my figure 8's. so about the dx7, should i leave it all on one switch or should i set them up individual? I really do appreciate the help.
Old 03-11-2015, 07:34 PM   #4
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

The set-up I provided is the default D/R EXPO setting I programmed.....meaning, when all my switches are set on "0" it is the automatic default........if I want to change my rudder, ailerons or elevator, I just switch to each of the number "1" settings individually.......that's what is nice about the Dual Rates....you can customize them in any order.

As far as your settings go.....it's really up to you. Since you've been flying her without problems and seem comfortable, use what works for now........remember, adjusting your mechanical surface controls (throws) play a big part in the TX settings as well. That's why I originally set all surface throws at there slowest settings, then played with the TX programming........once I goy familiar with the planes respone, I adjusted the surface throws higher and starting playing with the D/R EXPO more.....eventually, I got comfortable with all surface throws mid to high and EPO at 100%.......it's really a trial and error event. Just don't make big adjustment jumps either on the mechanicals or the TX........one notch at a time on mechanical and no more than 10% increments on the TX......!

AMA 928214
Old 03-11-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
northernflyer

ok, thanks. im still trying to get the whole d/r and expo thing down. i dont know much about planes, i have always been into cars and trucks but recently picked up planes and its a whole different thing for me. its a learning curve thats for sure. what exactly is expo?
Old 03-11-2015, 07:54 PM   #6
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Here's a link that explains it pretty well....:

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73670

There are quite a few links here on the PZ T-28.......check them out.....I did before I purchased one.......the guys here at wattflyer know their stuff and sold me on many types of craft and TX settings.........Thus my affection for bipes and Spektrum, Parkzone, E-Flite, GWS aircraft........

AMA 928214

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers