Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-29-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Topcat

Friends: (0)
Default 60 inch Wellington

Hello, I am currently impatiently awaiting my wellington plans I have ordered from traplet for the 60 inch span wellington, I have wanted to build something scale/ semi scale for a long time but not had the time, has anyone had any experience with this plan? this will be my first electric build (when the plans endlich arrive) any help or info would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 10:19 AM   #2
Topcat

So finally the eargerly awaited plans have arrived, good quality paper and clearly printed, the canopy and turret set leave a lot to be desired, however then again for just short of a fiver i have a good basis for a mould set. I now know the AUW to be no more than 40oz with standard radio gear and 2 380 motors with gearboxes I am however considering using brushless motors and mini radio gear and then hopefully i can modify the plan to accept the new low weight retracts to replace the fixed gear the plan shows, off to the model shop!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:45 PM   #3
Topcat

Well its been a little while but finally i have started the wellington, changed the plan a little here and there and made a rear turret that is more akin to a Lancaster than Wellington the fusalage is almost ready for the top decking, the tail end is built and ready to go on shortly it will be onto the wing if i ever work out how to put a photo on here i will show you
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
Topcat

Old 03-19-2014, 11:47 PM   #5
Topcat

Old 03-19-2014, 11:48 PM   #6
Topcat

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft