Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-28-2014, 08:06 PM   #1
alpenaflyer
alpenaflyer

Location: Alpena, Michigan--half way between equator and north pole
Friends: (0)
Angry Hobby King USA

Ordered a couple of TornIgy 1 cell 500 MAH Lipos from Hobby King USA in mid June. Said they were in stock......Now I find they were shipped from overseas and are stuck in Foreign Center Jersey City NJ 099....US CUSTOMS...Really.
discusting. Have ordered batteries from them in past and no problems.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:48 PM   #2
Theplumber

I ordered some stuff off amazon, only after i checked out, did it state expected delivery aug 29 (And that was two week's ago) shipping from china. SO i just ordered the same thing from someone else, guess i will have extra's.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #3
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

Are you sure the items you ordered were from the US warehouse? It's very easy to accidently order items from the international warehouse because it's all the same web site. Do you have a direct link to the batteries you ordered?

i've never yet come across a case where items that were shown as in stock in my local warehouse were in fact coming in from overseas. i'm not saying it didnt happen but in over 50 orders it's not happened to me (from UK warehouse).
Old 07-28-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
alpenaflyer
alpenaflyer

Thanks for replys. I was on USA website with I ordered, what can I say....By the way Jetplaneflyer, I live in Alpena, Michigan, home of the Thunder Bay National Marine Sanctuary. Last month we hosted the MATE sponsored International ROV Competition. Happened to meet one of the judges who was from Aberdeen. We had a nice chat about several things including single malt Scot whiskey....
Old 07-29-2014, 12:38 AM   #5
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)

It's a bit sneaky: Even if you're on the US website and search for something that's not in stock in the US, it will automatically switch over to the International warehouse. I'm willing to bet that's what happened. You have to make sure when you order that you're ordering from the right warehouse.

AMA #959089
Old 07-29-2014, 12:44 AM   #6
alpenaflyer
alpenaflyer

Thanks......It shouldn't be so difficult.....I really do like their batteries though. Have reordered from a different source in US. Will wait and see what happens to others if anything....The best to you!
Old 07-29-2014, 01:34 AM   #7
thepiper92
Warbird Fanatic

Friends: (4)

It happened to me too. I ordered a few servos from HK for my 450x, and when they shipped out, I got a tracking number from Singapore. I purposely wanted to order from the US warehouse, despite shipping being expensive, so that I wouldn't have to wait too long for the servos. Here I am, still waiting for the servos, looking periodically at the tracking, which still says shipment is en route to Canada...no point at even looking, it will show up at my door, and then the tracking will say successfully delivered.
Old 07-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #8
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

As NJSwede said.. I'm 99% sure that if you find that the stuff you ordered is coming from the international warehouse it's because you ordered it from the international warehouse. Like mentioned, even if you select US warehouse you will still get international items showing up if no local warehouse stock.

The warehouse location is clearly marked on the product page so HK arent really doing anything 'sneaky' as such. You just need to double check what warehouse the items are actually in. The shipping options offered at checkout are a second 'clue'.

It's easy to check this: Just go to your previous orders page, select the order in question and click on the item. The link will take you to the product page where you can see which warehouse you ordered from.... If it says that the item is in the international warehouse then that's where you ordered it from, whether you intended to or not.
Old 07-29-2014, 11:39 PM   #9
DHC Beaver

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (1)

It's a slightly strange setup really.Living in new zealand,which is proportionally very close to australia,i can not order stuff from the australian warehouse.
If I look at an item in any warehouse other than the international one,I get a notice stating that the item is only available to me through the international warehouse,i.e.china.
Although,to be honest,the postage from china is possibly cheaper than from australia,as well as the price of the item being less.I just have to wait a bit longer,but in most cases,i receive my items in 2 weeks or less.
If the parcel comes in through an airport other than my local one,it takes 3 days to get delivered to me.
I have had stuff direct from china delivered in 6 days!Go figure.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:51 AM   #10
4*60

And a lot of orders between some time in May and mid July are on container ships even though we paid for "air". 42 days and still not arrived in Canada, yet a July 23 order arrived a couple of days ago.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #11
Porcia83

This thread is like many that get started against this vendor. When it reality, it's the person who ordered the items that made the mistake, not the vendor. They not only bought from the overseas warehouse, they paid for international shipping at checkout. I have never seen one verified instance of someone purchasing from the US and having is shipped from Honk Kong. I get why it can be confusing though as you click on USA, but it will revert back sometimes to all warehouses, although the flag of the nation is right there to let you know what place it will come from.

The US shipping has gotten much better, my last two orders were shipped within 24 hours and were reasonably priced. I don't usually do the HK warehouse, but when I do I set a 35 day reminder for myself. If the items aren't here, and the tracking is clear as to where they are, I file a PP dispute and let them deal with it.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #12
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

In my experience most times the delays are due to incoming customs, so unless you know for certain it went surface mail I'd not jump to that conclusion. I had something coming from the US to the UK earlier this year (not Hobbyking) which took three months to arrive. Tracking showed it got to the UK within days by airmail and the rest must have been sitting awaiting UK customs processing. The vendor refunded me thinking the item lost and as luck would have it the item arrived the next day, so i sent the refund back!
Old 08-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #13
Porcia83

Default And then there is this...

We’re proud to announce the opening of our second USA warehouse!

Based in Arkansas, the HobbyKing USA East warehouse will be able to ship orders faster and cheaper than ever before to customers all over the USA (especially the East Coast). This warehouse is OPEN NOW with over 1,000 different products. Be sure to check back regularly as the product offering will be expanding quickly with new containers arriving every week. You can still order from our International and original USA (now USA West) warehouses. Their product offerings will also continue to expand.

Thank you for your ongoing support. We look forward to providing you with the best hobby products at the best prices and pledge to keep exploring new ways to serve you better than ever before!

Click here to visit the USA East warehouse.

That one is a shocker. Ak is East? East of WA I guess....
They talked about having an east coat operation, I figured it would be East East...like NJ or NY, or even NC. Guess time will tell if the shipping is cheaper and faster.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery3
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (39)

Hereabouts if it's on the Arkansas side of the Mississippi it's west. This side east but then we live in west Tennessee and visit east Tennessee.

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don
Old 08-21-2014, 07:20 PM   #15
4*60

I'm not new to this. The tracking still shows it left the origin country and is on its way to Canada. In my experience that either means it hasn't left the warehouse or it's en route but definitely not in our customs or post office hands.
Others have encountered the same. Some May orders are still outstanding. Obviously they and their shipper screwed up big time. If they had offered a cancellation on the order rather than months of shipping I would have taken it, as the stuff eventually was in stock in the USA again.

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
In my experience most times the delays are due to incoming customs, so unless you know for certain it went surface mail I'd not jump to that conclusion. I had something coming from the US to the UK earlier this year (not Hobbyking) which took three months to arrive. Tracking showed it got to the UK within days by airmail and the rest must have been sitting awaiting UK customs processing. The vendor refunded me thinking the item lost and as luck would have it the item arrived the next day, so i sent the refund back!
Old 08-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #16
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
I'm not new to this. The tracking still shows it left the origin country and is on its way to Canada. In my experience that either means it hasn't left the warehouse or it's en route but definitely not in our customs or post office hands.
The tracking on my three month delivery also showed status as 'left origin country'. I only found out it had made it to UK customs after the dealer i bought it from raised a lost package query with USPS.. They confirmed that it had reached UK customs where it eventually stayed for about two months. This isn't typical, usually stuff clears customs in a week or so, i've no idea why that package took much longer, but it did... maybe they were having some form of clampdown at the time?

The point really is that you cant really go automatically blaming HobbyKing for shipping delays. Their job it to put it ion the mail promptly, what happens after that is totally out of their control. It's a risk you take with international shipping unless you pay for express courier service.
Old 08-27-2014, 04:58 AM   #17
Turbojoe
Mountain Models Minion

Friends: (10)

Originally Posted by Porcia83 View Post
This thread is like many that get started against this vendor. When it reality, it's the person who ordered the items that made the mistake, not the vendor. They not only bought from the overseas warehouse, they paid for international shipping at checkout. I have never seen one verified instance of someone purchasing from the US and having is shipped from Honk Kong. I get why it can be confusing though as you click on USA, but it will revert back sometimes to all warehouses, although the flag of the nation is right there to let you know what place it will come from.

The US shipping has gotten much better, my last two orders were shipped within 24 hours and were reasonably priced. I don't usually do the HK warehouse, but when I do I set a 35 day reminder for myself. If the items aren't here, and the tracking is clear as to where they are, I file a PP dispute and let them deal with it.
I have to agree with Porcia. If your order ended up going international then it was your fault. Could HK make it simpler and less confusing? You betcha. In the end though it lies with the person ordering to make certain the item is coming from where they THINK it is coming from before they "pull the trigger". I made this very same mistake a few times in the past. Now I pay much more attention when I place an order.

I used to have a very deep hatred for Hobby King. Lately I've been forced over to the dark side just to save some bucks. I must say aside from a hiccup or two things have gone very smoothly lately. I'm getting ready to make yet another order.

Joe

The nonsensical ravings of a lunatic mind.....
Old 08-27-2014, 06:59 AM   #18
DHC Beaver

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 

I have been caught recently by the Australian warehouse showing australian $ prices,but when you get to checkout,it returns to us$.
It IS in the t&c's,but well buried!
Having said that,it,s still much cheaper than any local supplier(new zealand).
Luckily,we don't get hassled by customs,unless the value of the parcel is over a certain value.
The slowest delivery i have had took 20 days from china to new zealand.I think that,s pretty good.Usually it,s dead on 2 weeks.And 3 days of that is from the nz port of entry to my city!
Since hk now allows me to buy from australia,I'm curious to see how long this order will take.It contains an arf plus a couple of small items.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions