This is the complete unboxing, build, maiden flight, and review with bonus flight footage for the Parkzone Sport Cub S2 Parkflyer, which was modeled after the Cub Crafters Sport Cub.
I really like how this plane looks and how it flys. That made the issues I encountered during the build process not as big of a deal
Here are my flight review notes:
- Landing gear wire is thin and LG install was a pain.
- Rudder was way out of trim and doesn't steer well in grass.
- The tail section is also difficult to install.
- The main LG wheel collar screw popped out during landing.
- Looks great and is a great flyer.
- Nice big forgiving tundra tires.
- Lands really slow even without flaps.
- Large battery bay for flexible battery options.
The bottom line is this is a fun and easy to fly plane that you should buy if you are considering it.
Here is just the maiden flight only footage:
Here is just the unboxing and build video: