Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Member Product Reviews > Aircraft Reviews
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Aircraft Reviews Member based Reviews on ARF's and Kits Open for Business!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)
Comment

Review Tools Display Modes
Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair Parkflyer Review Video and Notes
Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair Parkflyer Review Video and Notes
Published by GBLynden
11-24-2013
Default Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair Parkflyer Review Video and Notes

I would describe this one best as a fourth plane option, especially if you don't have someone to trim (tune) it for you so it flies well. If you do, then this might make a decent third plane if you have mastered your aileron trainer.

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

My review notes for the F4U-1A Corsair, which is the newest Parkzone F4U Corsair are as follows:

Cons:
- The paint is very fragile
- The bomb drop fasteners are weak
- Landing gear hardware could be better
- It needs a lot of trim out of the box

Pros:
- Nice looking plane
- Upgradable
- Flies nice once trimmed
- Takes off on grass with stock landing gear

Takeaway: This is a very nice RC plane, but it is not a T-28 Trojan! This plane was flown 100% stock with the exception of flying with a Gforce 2200mAh lipo battery.

Here is video of this plane taking off and landing much closer to the camera and in soft, muddy grass with stock landing gear:

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Here is a complete review and comparison video of the stock landing gear versus the rough field landing gear for this plane.

YouTube Video
Specifications
Wingspan: 44" Overall Length: 36" Flying Weight: 43.4 oz
Equipment Used:
Motor: 15-size 950Kv brushless outrunner Speed Control: 30-amp Pro Swith-Mode Brushless Servos: Stock Battery: Gforce 2200mAh lipo battery
Retail Price:
$184.99
Manufacturer
Parkzone

Author review
Kit Instructions:
30%30%30%
Materials & Packaging:
70%70%70%
Ease of Build & Finish:
60%60%60%
Design & Appearance:
80%80%80%
General Flight Characteristics:
80%80%80%
Performance Capabilities:
70%70%70%
Average 65%

Member rating

There are no ratings to display

Experience Level Advised
Experience Level Advised
Intermediate

Review Tools
Show Printable Version  Email this Page 
Old 07-04-2014, 03:43 AM

Hey guys!

I have been practicing my landings (in what little free time I have these days) and I finally got a new video up for this plane. It was a lot of fun and boy did it feel like some good summertime flyin'!

This is my second pair of rough field landing gear (it likes to bounce with the wheels pulled forward if I don't land just right and one landing took a weird bounce to side wrecking the first pair).

I would also like to note that other than the paint chips/flakes that are starting to add up, I have had no other issues with this plane so far.

Enjoy!

YouTube Video
Comment

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Member Product Reviews > Aircraft Reviews

« Previous Review | Next Review »