Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-27-2014, 11:38 AM   #1
Carmikel

Friends: (0)
Default delete Tx airplane name

I have a cheap Flysky 9 ch Tx , and can not remove an old model name from the select model menu...there is no reset button on this Tx help someone....
Old 03-27-2014, 03:51 PM   #2
sidybee

remove batteries might work
Old 03-27-2014, 03:57 PM   #3
pizzano
Behold The Renaissance

Club: AMA, Marks, Pomona Valley, Prado Dam
Friends: (3)

Most on-board progammable TX's allow for overwrite (or delete)....by simply dialing up the model choice and re-naming it and re-assigning new control parameters.....that's if one cares to takes the time and prefers not to just assign a new model to an open channel not being used.

AMA 928214
Old 03-27-2014, 04:43 PM   #4
Carmikel

Question reassigning model name

Originally Posted by pizzano View Post
Most on-board progamable TX's allow for overwrite (or delete)....by simply dialing up the model choice and re-naming it and re-assigning new control parameters.....that's if one cares to takes the time and prefers not to just assign a new model to an open channel not being used.
Have done all the parameter changes , but have problems ...with dual rates programmed in. with 1 aileron servo not responding ie. one works the other doesn't
Old 03-27-2014, 05:28 PM   #5
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

Normal procedure would be to delete the model from the memory, this would return everything to factory default settings as well as removing the model name.

How you do that on the 9X system I cant say. Unfortunatly decent user manuals are one of the first things that 'gets the chop' when keeping costs down on these budget systems so you are often on your own or need to rely on user support to figure how to operate it.

Hopefully a 9X user will chime in?
Old 03-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by sidybee View Post
remove batteries might work
No it wouldnt.. Model memories are permanently stored. They really would be much use if you wiped them out every time you removed the battery.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:51 AM   #7
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

The quickest and easiest way to delete a model on the 9x :

Select the model ...

Go to change model type ... if for example it is an AERO - select and save HELI. Or any other ... this will delete settings on that model and revert it to factory default. Once done -go to select model type again and select the type you require as correct type.
The name itself will remain ... that just needs to be erased / changed using the naming menu ... Save and you're done.

One good way to sort a wrongly programmed model - is to copy from another one to the faulty ... overwriting the faulty mixes etc. You can even copy an 'empty' to a named ...

The 9x is far more flexible than first appears ...

the most common error made by users with the 9x ... the length of press on MENU key to save an item. In the naming menu - LONG press saves a letter ... SHORT press exits without saving.

The 9x does not auto-save on exit ... you MUST save EACH individual setting manually before moving on to next or exiting. This is deliberate to prevent silly unintentional changes. Can be a pain but true.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 03-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #8
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Go to change model type ... if for example it is an AERO - select and save HELI. Or any other ... this will delete settings on that model and revert it to factory default. Once done -go to select model type again and select the type you require as correct type.
The name itself will remain ... that just needs to be erased / changed using the naming menu ... Save and you're done.

Thanks Nigel, I thought you might know how to do it.

But what a pain! I can see why the OP was struggling. Patience isn't my greatest virtue, if I had a 9x I'd be yelling at it.. "Why are you making me do this!"

On Spektrum you simply select the model that you want to delete, go to the 'Model Utilities' menu, select 'delete model', you get a screen saying 'Do you really want to delete this model', you select 'yes' and exit the programming.... Job done. It's all very intuitive and simple, the memory programming is re-set to default and model name is deleted.

I'm sure Spektrum is far from unique, I'd guess most brands have similar functionality rather than having to resort to undocumented and convoluted back-door workarounds.
Old 03-29-2014, 11:05 AM   #9
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)

I'm sure there is another way - but it's the way I was shown and have used.

It's actually only a few key presses - MENU ... Select type ... Menu ... EXIT

So not really more than you do with the Spekie ... the trouble is the Chinglish manual doesn't explain it.

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners