Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #1
Bill Gibson

Friends: (1)
Default First E-Heli= FUN!

Horizon had a deal on E-Flite Blade RTF MSR's, sooo.......i got one! In less than 2 days, ive ran at least 15 batteries thru this thing, and I CANNOT BELIEVE what ive put this poor heli thru, and its still together and flies just fine! I flew .30 sized Sport helis Years ago(Concept 30 DX, Nexus, Hirobo Shuttle DX) and i remember that if you just layed one over on its side, it could cost you a hundred bucks, not to mention set up time just to get 'em flying again! NEVER been cheaper to fly helis than now! Its a ball to fly, and just like the UMX planes, im pushing harder to improve my skills because im not so concerned with the cost to repair 'em if i break 'em!! GREAT FUN!
Old 04-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #2
JetPlaneFlyer
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

5kW  Outstanding Contributor Award  1kW 
Friends: (8)

Yeah, they are great fun aren't they. I've been bitten big time by the heli bug.

Of course the big ones cost just as much to fix as they ever did, maybe more. But at least flybarless does make them easier to set up again if you do have to do a rebuild.
Old 04-13-2014, 03:34 PM   #3
Bill Gibson

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer View Post
Yeah, they are great fun aren't they. I've been bitten big time by the heli bug.

Of course the big ones cost just as much to fix as they ever did, maybe more. But at least flybarless does make them easier to set up again if you do have to do a rebuild.
JPF, you are right on the money! Its like any type of "vehicle" you want to play with.....boats, cars, planes, helis, quads...... there are levels, and as the level goes up.....so does the COST!! I stay with the lowest priced stuff as possible, so i can try different stuff!rolleyes: What might you know about the Blade 120 SR? Seems like they are a popular Heli......!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk