Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #1
Fatcat1

Friends: (0)
Default How about Toysonics.com???

I see that Toysonics is a sponsor advertiser for this site has anybody used them yet and what service level did they provide? Looks like they have good prices on their lipos the loong max brand. I might try them out!

Standing by.

I don't have the key to success..but I know how to pick the lock!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:47 PM   #2
crypto666

Default Toysonics= bad

I would suggest you avoid toysonics. I have placed two orders with them and have not been pleased.
1. The first order took three days to fill and ship.
2. I request shipping via UPS and pay the $12, they consistently ship USPS which should only be about $4, but my bill still says UPS and a $12 shipping fee. And to top it off, it is USPS first class which takes forever.
Toysonics is not a place I will shop anymore.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
Fatcat1

MMMMM 1st post is to bash a company not that I don't believe you I will take note of your experience with them and wait for more opinions to filter in. But IF they do business like that they will be a short ran company!

Old 03-31-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
crypto666

I joined to complain, but I might stick around for chit chat.
Well, another thing is that they won’t answer their phones, but rarely. However, they did reply to my email, apologized, and claimed that they canceled the USPS shipping label and will be sending it UPS, that’s good and made me feel a little better. They did not offer any recourse as far as my other shipment that I had paid for UPS shipping ($12) and got USPS ($4). Oh well, lesson learned. They seem understaffed.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
crypto666

Update, toysonics was good to work things out with me. They gave me a gift certificate for the balance of the shipping charge. In the past I had spoken with one of them about another problem I had with shipping because I live in a rural area. It seems that the person’s English wasn’t that great, so I think a lot of the problem has been simple communication error.
So toysonics made things right and all is good. They do seem a bit slower to ship than some of the other shops I have been using, but their prices are better and they have a good selection of parts for various models. It is one of the few places I have found where I can order belt cp and trex parts.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #6
merctech

Yeah their english is bad. So is some of their manners. My 13 year old nephew bought a sapac f-22 from them and got good service with the shipping and handling but when the battery in the kit was bad the service went down quickly. To make a long story short they will never get our business again.

stryker f-27c
p-51d mustang
funjet
blade cx
Old 04-02-2009, 12:03 AM   #7
Fatcat1

Now then were getting some updated info thanks there crypto and merc! Sounds like another 10' pole shop! these websites can really add to a companies business if you treat us right! I too will stay away!
But keep the opinions rolling everybody should be made aware if there is a common complaint with everybody.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:57 AM   #8
Razgriz Ace

Haven't bought from them yet, but their SR-71 is very interesting and I'm thinking of getting one. Apparently service is nice and easy but shipping is long. The "enter coupon" space right there unlike nitroplanes.com. They had me searching the whole page to see where the coupon code went in. Yes, their English is very bad. I tried contacting them for a question, and it was very frustrating trying to get him to understand. The site and their items look nice, but looks can be deceiving.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #9
1320fastback

Club: Fallbrook R/C Flyers and Oceanside Quiet Flyers
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  AV Contest 
Friends: (2)

I got two lipos from them recently, they both have very minor damage. It looks like the balance plug kinda got pushed into the cells alittle. Its so very minor I decided to not even hassle with calling or trying to return them. They also owe me some props that are on backorder and well see if I ever get them.

Classic Sig Kadet/ OK Models SupraFly45/ Eflite SU=26M/ Ritewing TL50/ FPV Twin star/ Pheonix Strega .45/ Nitroplanes Bobcat .75 / Cox .049 Pilot Baby/ AMA#1,000,000
Old 04-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #10
Fatcat1

sounds like I'll be staying away!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM   #11
crypto666

I gave up. I tried one last order and tried to redeem the gift certificate they gave me for recovering the overcharges for shipping. Well, the gift cert number was not valid, but I ordered anyway. After a week I began to ask where my stuff was, again. After a couple days and some not-so-happy emails (I started emailing their “CEO” and legal rep) they replied that the item is on back order. Funny thing is that the email from them asking if I had gotten a email notifying me of the back order, was followed by the email notifying me of the back order. This is the third time out of four orders that something got backordered, and not once was I ever notified until I started to cause trouble. They won’t tell you if things are back ordered unless you raise a fuss; they just expect you to wait patiently. EIther that, or they hope that you won't notice and they can make a little extra profit.
Toysonics sucks, and their CEO is self-centered greedy little prick.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:48 AM   #12
Razgriz Ace

I guess I won't order from them. They have the same plane at Bananahobby.com for $329! I guess it's better than getting a defective plane.

If you MUST know, my first plane was an Air Hogs Sky Hawk. Yes, the one that you pump up and throw.
Old 05-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #13
arufly

i Bought several items from them and am very satisfied with their service.
Easy to access and if needed good phone assistance. Nice. keep up the good Job.
I live in a foreign country and everything arrives in excellent shape.English no good , good enough for me.
Old 02-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #14
scoote621

Club: Wingbusters MAC
Friends: (5)

I would be careful with them, I ordered a battery charger that was on sale and listed as being in stock, after 11 days i still have not received it (when their site says it should take 4-5 days to ship to my state) nor have i received a confirmation email it has even shipped which I normally get when ordering online through rc vendors. I have attempted to contact them via phone call which they NEVER answer and it has a message advising you to contact them through email for a faster response or leave your number and they will call back as soon as possible. Well as soon as possible means never, and if you email them don't expect a reply either. It has been 5 days since my first request and that has not been replied to nor has any subsequent request i have sent. I would say this is poor "customer service" but that would be too nice, they provide NO CUSTOMER SERVICE but are more than willing to accept your money.

TAE (Toy Aircraft Enthuisist)

My NEW BLOG
http://stevesrcaddiction.wordpress.com/
Old 02-22-2014, 12:21 AM   #15
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

Scoote,

Good to see you're still out there ! Kind of an old thread. I hope the guy you responded to is still with us after 4 years. LOL

I've bought a few Jpowers Skyangel planes from them . Experience was okay. Though shipping was kind of high but so was Hobbyb

Hope you guys start getting some decent weather. I know you've been hammered this year.

Best,

Hawk

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions