Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-23-2014, 10:35 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default Is it only me ? That forgets some bits in orders ?

Is it only me that clicks Buy Now ... pays and then CRAP ! I forgot that bit I needed other day ...

If anyone saw my online purchase history - the first thing that strikes you is : Why didn't he just include in one order ?

So many times I forget bits.

I've started to try and keep a sort of boxed divider sort of inventory system. One box has sellf tappers .. another has clevis .. another horns etc. etc.

As I use - I see them going down and try to remember to order a new batch ... I tend to buy not 1 or 2 .. or 10 .. but in packs of 10 and usually 2 or 3 packs.

I STILL forget .. I still end up making another order later same day or next ...

Has anyone a magic easy solution to this ? I tried writing shopping lists but then forgot where I put my list .. I tried keeping a notebook specifically for it .. that gets put away somewhere to re-appear weeks later when I don't need it ...

!!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 04-23-2014, 11:33 AM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,173 Times in 2,081 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (313)

LOL, Dont feel like the Lone Ranger, I do that all the time What I need to do is to make a list of stuff that I need on my computer on notepad and bring it up when I am shopping, that way i dont loose the list, its on my computer

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 04-23-2014, 01:27 PM   #3
solentlife
Super Contributor

Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
LOL, Dont feel like the Lone Ranger, I do that all the time What I need to do is to make a list of stuff that I need on my computer on notepad and bring it up when I am shopping, that way i dont loose the list, its on my computer
Tried that as well ...

I have yet to find a solution ... only one I can think of is a time machine ! To lose some years and possibly get 'memory' back !!

Nigel

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
Old 04-23-2014, 01:37 PM   #4
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

I do the same thing all the time. Slap myself on the forehead. "Dangit! I meant to order one of these too!" Hope it's not early signs of dementia. Maybe it's the epoxy and CA. I think we're so focused on the main item that we temporarily forget about the secondary item until after the click.

It would be nice if there was a last message on these online sites that said something like : "We know you're getting old and forgetful, you old coot! Are you sure that's all you need today ? "
Old 04-23-2014, 01:42 PM   #5
carpetbagger

Friends: (0)

You are not alone. I do that all the time, click "Place Oder" and go $#@&% I forgot to order *whatever*. And of course, when the order arrives I often forget where I put the stuff in my work area which resembles the aftermath of a tornado strike. I could use the old brain excuse but I've been that way a long time so I'll stick with the absent minded mathematician excuse.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:10 PM   #6
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I have shelves of HK boxes with tops / flaps cut of .... they serve as 'storage' bins ...

I dare not think how many items are 'lost' in them that I have re-ordered because I cannot find them !!

My Office which is now my SECOND hobby room - first purpose built is just FULL to burst !! .. my Office must be Brother to Carpetbaggers 'tornado struck' area !!

Every so often I sort of tidy-up .. find things I lost months ago !! Reckon they could use my desk alone for a remake of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" ... the Ark will be there somewhere !
But a few days later - its all back again ...

Nigel

Old 04-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #7
Wrongway-Feldman

Friends: (5)

Add me to the list of those that do this. I also have a bad tendency to not quite read carefully enough the item description and ordering the wrong thing all together.
Just happened yesterday. Received my HK order and found out I ordered the wrong thickness pushrods. And the wrong length. Plus male connectors instead of female ones.

----------------------------------------------------------
Dumas Ecroupe, MM EVA, E-flite L4 Grasshopper, Sig Kougar, Sig Kobra, Top Fight Contender, top flite mini contender, Carl Goldberg Skylark mark II, M&H Sportster 40.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #8
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Wrongway-Feldman View Post
Add me to the list of those that do this. I also have a bad tendency to not quite read carefully enough the item description and ordering the wrong thing all together.
Just happened yesterday. Received my HK order and found out I ordered the wrong thickness pushrods. And the wrong length. Plus male connectors instead of female ones.
Anyone want a 41Mhz Corona Synth Rx ?

There's me looking for a 35Mhz version .. click .. click ... I'm a Happy Chappy till I rec'd the item ... Checked my order thinking HK got it wrong .......... Nope - was me !

Nigel

Old 04-23-2014, 04:19 PM   #9
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

It's like the hardware store or the car parts store. You can NEVER go just once!
Old 04-23-2014, 04:38 PM   #10
carpetbagger

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
It's like the hardware store or the car parts store. You can NEVER go just once!
Indeed. Me and my cousin would rate home fixit jobs by the number of trips as in; three tripper, four tripper, etc . . .
Old 04-23-2014, 09:02 PM   #11
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Originally Posted by carpetbagger View Post
Indeed. Me and my cousin would rate home fixit jobs by the number of trips as in; three tripper, four tripper, etc . . .
Lol!

And I'm hanging blinds today. Only a two tripper!
Old 04-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #12
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

My local hardware store ... all the girls there smile at me ... I wondered if it's my zipper ... way I walk ... No ... I was told one day - I'm always in there !

Nigel

Old 04-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #13
tr4252

Friends: (3)

I work from lists. List on the refrigerator, list on the shop bench, list on the hobby bench, list at my desk, all sorts of lists at work. Whenever I discover a need for something, I immediately write it on the appropriate list. Best to keep a pen or pencil with every list. Then when I finally do place an order, or go to the store, I know what I need. With my memory, it's essential to do this.

Tom
Old 04-24-2014, 12:27 AM   #14
DHC Beaver

Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (1)

Who,me?Never!
Errrrr,well,almost never.
Actually,I have 5 UBECs sitting in a drawer.Anybody want a cheap Ubec?
I do have stuff in my HK wishlist,but sometimes it just doesn't work out with the freight,so i fill up with small stuff to get my money's worth.
Of course,that's exactly what HK wants you to do.I'm the ideal consumer.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 AM   #15
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

I always forget something. example:7 batteries got to my house from hk usa warehouse 1 week after ordering.....i should have ordered female t connectors to change out the one that come on the batteries. rats! now i have to order from jeff at hurc so it'll get here quickly. as nigel says,i wish i could remember what else i need.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 04-24-2014, 02:02 AM   #16
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Tried that as well ...

I have yet to find a solution ... only one I can think of is a time machine ! To lose some years and possibly get 'memory' back !!

Nigel
Same here!

As for my solution, I've installed the Note Stacks Pro App on my cellphone. Nice program, and you can create files for grocery lists, hardware store, medications, RC stuff, and on and on.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....stacksofnotes

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 04-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #17
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by kyleservicetech View Post
Same here!

As for my solution, I've installed the Note Stacks Pro App on my cellphone. Nice program, and you can create files for grocery lists, hardware store, medications, RC stuff, and on and on.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....stacksofnotes
I have both Android and Blackberry phones .. and both have Notes appps' on ... I still fail the test !!

Years ago - I had Post-It notes utility on a PC .. so you had them on the desktop ... yep - you guessed it - still failed !

Nigel

Old 04-24-2014, 10:47 AM   #18
Dan Whitepath

Club: I was a member of the Selma Sky Raiders quite a few years ago.
Friends: (2)

Love this thread! And a big "Amen" to all the posts. I always thought I had the worst case of CRS (can't remember "Stuff") of all. My wife is a great list maker. I'm just not that organized. I've even gone to the flying field with the wrong X-mitter, or batteries, for the plane or planes I took.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:54 AM   #19
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Dan Whitepath View Post
Love this thread! And a big "Amen" to all the posts. I always thought I had the worst case of CRS (can't remember "Stuff") of all. My wife is a great list maker. I'm just not that organized. I've even gone to the flying field with the wrong X-mitter, or batteries, for the plane or planes I took.
My Wife is Russian and she is like many Russians .. they buy what they see ... hang over from the days when shops ran out of certain products.

It's taken ages to get her to list what she needs for the Kitchen etc. but it's finally paid of.
She actually reminds ME to make my list for shops !!

Nigel

Old 04-24-2014, 10:57 AM   #20
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Can you believe THIS !!

Started this thread and TODAY !! I made my basket, click BUY and PAY ...

Guess what ... Yep - I forgot to add the Orange 3 Axis Stabiliser !

I give up .................

Nigel

Old 04-24-2014, 02:24 PM   #21
Dan Whitepath

Club: I was a member of the Selma Sky Raiders quite a few years ago.
Friends: (2)

ROFLMAO!
Old 04-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #22
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Originally Posted by tobydogs View Post
I always forget something. example:7 batteries got to my house from hk usa warehouse 1 week after ordering.....i should have ordered female t connectors to change out the one that come on the batteries. rats! now i have to order from jeff at hurc so it'll get here quickly. as nigel says,i wish i could remember what else i need.
I do this too but found the CHL lipos comes with t-connectors
Old 04-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #23
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
I do this too but found the CHL lipos comes with t-connectors
I use BOTH T's and XT60's ... got fed up swapping out HK's XT60's ... but some models the slight increase in size is not good .. so T's stay in use.

Nigel

Old 04-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #24
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6

Didn't mean to sway off topic here but I sometimes forget to bring two-way adaptor plugs with me. And when I go to order them, I seem to get the wrong one. A female when I wanted a male and vice a versa. So now I order both types.

But I really like the XT-60 as a connector better than the Deans. Why? It's better. I have several deans where the male end starts splaying away causing a short when you go to connect and don't notice. Not good.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:12 PM   #25
solentlife
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
Didn't mean to sway off topic here but I sometimes forget to bring two-way adaptor plugs with me. And when I go to order them, I seem to get the wrong one. A female when I wanted a male and vice a versa. So now I order both types.

But I really like the XT-60 as a connector better than the Deans. Why? It's better. I have several deans where the male end starts splaying away causing a short when you go to connect and don't notice. Not good.
I make my own adaptors.

Nigel

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions