Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-06-2015, 06:09 AM   #1
swampsman

Friends: (0)
Default ESC programming card

Is there a universal type programming card or do I need one for each brand of ESC if known? Also if I do not know the brand or manufacture of the ESC I have how do I find out which programmer to use?
Old 09-06-2015, 06:16 AM   #2
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (16)

Its been my experience that there is not a "universal" program card out there. However a lot of the programming is similar using the beeps. Such as throttle position. If you don't know what kind of ESC you have I assume it came with the plane or copter. Knowing the manufacturer and the specs of your aircraft can help you narrow it down.

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #3
swampsman

Thanks that is what I sort of thought. The one I am having a problem with is in a Flyzone DH2 Beaver. Getting some weird stuff out of it, it seems the motor runs when it wants to, all the other surfaces work good, on occasion the motor will not run. It came with the tactic receiver, I have several of those and they all seem to work good, wondering if maybe the esc is not so good.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #4
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (16)

Originally Posted by swampsman View Post
Thanks that is what I sort of thought. The one I am having a problem with is in a Flyzone DH2 Beaver. Getting some weird stuff out of it, it seems the motor runs when it wants to, all the other surfaces work good, on occasion the motor will not run. It came with the tactic receiver, I have several of those and they all seem to work good, wondering if maybe the esc is not so good.
Well I'm not familiar with that plane but since you have extra Rx try swapping it out with a known good one and see if the problem still exist. If it does you know its not the Rx. Same with the ESC. I start with the Rx because that is the easiest swap.

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:44 AM   #5
swampsman

Yep that's what I'll do in the AM.
Old 09-06-2015, 09:01 AM   #6
fhhuber
Super Contributor

Friends: (2)

There are some cross-compatable ESC programming cards... but i don't know of a list of which will work with what.

I have a Turnigy card that works with current Dynam/Detrum ESCs. Correct setting labels and order. My Jeti card can program these ESCs but the labels of the jumper selections is wrong.

The only way to find out is to try it... but you can get some random results...

Generally it shouldn't hurt the ESCs but you won't know if it gave the right programming without testing.

Sometimes the error will be the order of the selections. That would be tolerable if you do the testing to find out what card settings mean what for the other ESC.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions