Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-28-2014, 07:08 AM   #1
swampsman

Friends: (0)
Default Eflite Power 10 verses BL 10

I need some help with an eflite motor. What is the difference between the Eflite Power 10 and the BL10 other than their kv rating? Can both be use for aircraft or is one for airplane and the other for something else? I purchased the BL 10 to go on a T-28 I was using a 30a esc and a 3s lipo 1800 battery. When I ran it for the first time it darned the battery in about 3min and it was very hot. I put another battery on with an amp meter by half throttle it was drawing over 100amps. Also I had the original 9.5 X 7.5 prop on it. I don't think it burned the esc? So I was wondering if the BL-10 is not for aircraft. The power10 is rated 1100kv and the Bl 10 is rated for 1250kv. Any help and/or info will be greatly appreciated. I don't know a lot about electric flight yet I'm trying to learn. So be patient with the dummy here please.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
suresharp

The motors sound to be about the same power. So both should work well. I use the eflite with 10x6 prop, 40 amp esc, 3c-2200. It is a rocket!! Set up expo at 40%. Make sure servo movement is as per manual for low and high setings. You stay at low settings until you get a good feel for handling this bird. Bl 10 should need same requirments. Make sure esc is set up for 3 cell. correct pole count (timming), with brake off.
Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 PM   #3
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)

If your reading of 100 amps is accurate, something is terribly wrong.
The power 10 shows a max allowed of 42 amps, I didn't see the specs for the BL-10, but it shouldn't be much different.

Your battery should last more than 3 mins, and it might get warm but not very hot.

I would think the 100 amps is far above the capacity of the ESC they would put in a 10 size airplane. So I wouldn't be surprised if the ESC is blown.

As far as I can see, the BL-10 should give you just a little more prop speed, so a little less pitch might be necessary. I would try and run the motor without a prop, and check your readings. They should be very low, maybe 2-3 amps, no prop.

I really don't understand the 100 amps, I think the best thing to do is take the whole plane to your local hobby shop. If they are 1/2 as good as my LHS, they will figure it out. I would not try to fly the plane, you may go up in flames, and I wish I were teasing you.

Good luck, let us know what you find.

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:09 AM   #4
swampsman

I changed to a 10X6 prop and another meter and all is well, running about 29amps at full throttle. I think I also had some cockpit trouble.

Thanks for the replies.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:55 AM   #5
Wildflyer
2014 President of PSSF

Club: Puget Sound Silent Flyers -PSSF & Thurston County Miniature Aircraft Association - TCMAA
Friends: (7)

That's much better.

Good flying

Dave R, Proud PGR rider.
When you have flying skills like mine,
You become a master at repair.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions